Wednesday, October 9, 2019

When the kitchen isn't operational

Last year I had a leak in my bathroom that destroyed the kitchen ceiling arch. This week it's being repaired, so no cooking.

There is also repair work being done in another room where there was a roof leak. With everything having to be removed from both rooms, I'm pretty much confined to living in my bedroom this week.

So, when an out of town friend paid NYC a visit, I had a chance to go out to dinner. What providential timing!

I got to choose the restaurant, so I chose one I'd visited with friends during RWA last summer. It's called Tony's DiNapoli, and they serve the best Italian food family style. We ordered tri colore tortelloni alfredo and chicken marsala. Both were so delicious that we had to pace ourselves so we wouldn't burst!





I won't say it was the best part, because the friendly conversation took that prize, but because the friends were from out of town and staying at a hotel, I got to take home the leftovers!

Please excuse everything being lumped together on a paper plate - remember no functioning kitchen.

I was able to boil water, so I made some of those instant potatoes I blogged about last week, and served the leftover chicken marsala on top. It was SO good!





Poor Fenway! He's having a tough time being locked up all day.



On a happier note, I saw these beautiful new flowers on our walk.






So what would you do for meals if/when your kitchen was under construction? I'm thinking Texas BBQ tis next - to inspire my writing.

7 comments:

  1. Mary Cate, a non-working kitchen would be not only an excuse to go out, but to have whatever your little heart desires. Kind of like vacation. And while one can never go wrong with Texas barbecue, you could use this opportunity to try some new places. Is there some place you've been dying to try? Here's your opportunity. And with no guilt. Makes me wish I were visiting New York.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait... you had dinner with Rhonda???? You brat!

    And is Tony's in Little Italy? We had dinner at one of the restaurants there about five years ago, before Zach and Luke moved out of the city, and it was marvelous... I could live in Little Italy and eat cannolis and spumoni and Italian food and die happy.

    SO MUCH AMAZING FOOD!!!!!

    Now bean sprouts for lunch is just not cutting it, Cate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love pasta! If our kitchen was out of commission I would just use my Instant pots and crock pot along with salads.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That restaurant looks fabulous! I love good Italian food!

    We lived most of the summer without a kitchen, but since it was summer, we ended up doing quick meal or going out. Going out is my favorite! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Fenway! His domain has been taken over by strange two-leggers. I think he needs to eat out a restaurant too. :-) I Love Italian food! And we have quite a number of really excellent restaurants close by...I might have to live at one if my kitchen was ever out of commission!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary Cate, I'm sorry you're stuck without your kitchen! But I know you'll be glad to have it done and over with. I hope they do a great job! And hope Fenway will get the run of the house again soon. :) How's he feeling?

    ReplyDelete