Friday, October 4, 2019

Fun Fall Party Mix

Missy Tippens

Happy fall! (Although with temps in the high 90's lately, it's difficult to say that and mean it!)

Each month our choir has a get-together after our rehearsal to celebrate that month's birthdays. At our party the other day, they served this wonderful mix! I took photos and decided to share.

I have no idea where the recipe came from (I'm not even sure who made the mix). So I'm doing my best to figure out what all was in it.


Pretzel Gold Fish
Peanuts
Mini peanut butter cups
Mini chocolate chips
Mini peanut butter or butterscotch chips (I wasn't sure which!)
Fall-colored M&M's

Mix together in whatever ratio looks good to you.


We also had pumpkin bread and muffins, salted caramel shortbread bars, pumpkin ice cream, and vanilla ice cream, and toppings to make sundaes. And a little healthier: apple slices and grapes.

It was quite a spread! And the tables were decorated with pumpkins and such. Very cute!


If you need a quick dish for a party, I think this party mix would be simple, fun...and tasty!

4 comments:

  1. We had a ladies craft night for church a couple weeks ago and there was a mix similar. I think it had peanuts, candy corn, popcorn, and one other item. Maybe M&Ms. It is a quick and easy snack that's kind of healthy lol after the other day our temps finally dipped! Low 60s now! Ok right now it's 41, but it will warm up as the day goes on. The weather likes to play dirty and not give us time to adjust I guess :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I was at a conference over the weekend and couldn't comment on my phone (it's been a long-time mystery). So I can finally add my comments today! :)

      I love candy corn. I bet I would love that mix, Katie!

      Delete
  2. Yum to an autumn foodfest! I've never made a party mix or even nibbled on one but what a great idea for a potluck! I never know what to bring for pre-dinner munchies but this looks like it would be popular.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kav, I love mixes like this! You could make it more appetizer friendly (this is more dessert friendly LOL). I love a mix of cashews, dried cranberries, M&M's, and some type of granola cereal. Of course, I guess that's still kind of a dessert with the M&M's. :)

      You could do something savory with pretzels, nuts, and maybe Goldfish or some kind of Chex cereal (and use a Chex mix recipe for the savory flavoring).

      So many possibilities!

      Delete