Thursday, October 17, 2019

Butternut Squash Ravioli!

Okay, there should be a law about something this easy, but there isn't, so ...

You're welcome!

Our local pasta maker Bozza Pasta Shop had Butternut Squash ravioli last week and we bought some.

OH MY STARS.

It looked like this only it said "Butternut Squash".  :)



This was delicious. The squash filling was creamy, with cheese, maybe? I don't know, but it's marvelous.

And it comes frozen, so you drop the ravioli into the boiling water and then seven minutes later you've got food.



I was so happy!

And here was the sauce we used for them:

1/4 cup butter (melted but not browned)
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup chopped nuts

Melt butter. Pour in maple syrup and chopped nuts, stir. Serve over pasta.

So this pasta dish is more of a dessert, but I could eat it for any kind of meal. It was delicious and filling and I had squash as a side dish (ubiquitous up here in the fall!)

We are getting ready to wind down the pumpkin farm. This is always bittersweet. We love the busyness, and the customers but as the weather goes downhill, the writing is on the wall. Because we're an open air venue, the weather dictates stuff to us!

But there are still thousands of pumpkins to sell, so the next ten to twelve days are clutch. And then we breathe. :)

AND... on another note...

THIS HAPPENED!!!!

DECEMBER BOOKS ARRIVED!!!!

Isn't this a beautiful cover???? This farm girl really loves this farm-friendly book!!!!

A good day!!!!

Multi-published, award-winning inspirational author Ruth Logan Herne is either writing, growing pumpkins, tending mums or picking new pumpkins for the 2020 growing season and slipping in a little fun research time. You can friend her on facebook, find her at http://ruthloganherne.com email her at loganherne@gmail.com or right here at the cafe!

4 comments:

  1. I love that cover, Ruthy. And the squash sounds great, but with this topping, it's almost like a dessert.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was like a dessert... but also filling and wonderful so I'm calling it "MAIN DISH!" so I have an excuse to use it again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had butternut squash ravioli before...Oh. My. What deliciousness! I wish I could remember where I found it! Maybe in a restaurant?????

    Yum!

    And of course I'll be grabbing that book when it hits the shelves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my first time and I fell in love. So good!!!!

      Delete