Friday, June 19, 2020

Family and Local Businesses

Missy Tippens

I wanted to share a couple of products that I've found recently that I love. Both appear to be family-owned businesses.

One is a pasta sauce (I loved the name Home Style Gravy) made in Brooklyn, NY. Cate Nolan may know of this place! Michael's of Brooklyn, which is an Italian restaurant that has been family owned and operated since 1964. It was a fantastic sauce! I plan to buy more, and thankfully can do so at my local grocery store.


We also recently made a meal from the meal delivery service, and they sent us pre-made pizza dough. It made an AMAZING pizza. It turned out so good that I went and dug the dough bag out of the trash so I could find out what brand it is! (Who else does that type thing?? Please tell me I'm not the only one.) :)

I looked up this company online. Lamonica's Pizza Dough. The company started out a family pizza business in 1954, and began making frozen dough in 1962. Now they've grown to have several frozen dough facilities. They appear to mostly supply restaurants and such. I did find one distributor online where I could buy a fairly large quantity. But I thought I would share with y'all to see if you've ever seen it at your grocery's freezer section. I'd love to know whether I can find it locally!


Do y'all have any locally packaged products that you love to buy?

www.missytippens.com

4 comments:

  1. This is a good reminder to support local small businesses. Our news highlights some every day as well as local restaurants. They are all feeling the impact of pandemic closures. You've reminded me that there's a local skin care company that has a great natural sun screen line that I get every year through a store. Must check their website and order some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Kav, I love to support local businesses. How fun to have a local skin care company!

      Delete
  2. I love local producers... Bozza Pasta, that cool little pasta manufacturing/creating site right here in my little hometown, roasted red pepper five-cheese stuffed tortellini.... now that's a creation!!!! And Zweigle's sausages, white hots, red hots to die for.... Country Sweet sauce..... I love it with chicken! And Dinosaur Bar B Q sauce, so good..... It's fun to find small businesses that make a difference, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete