Friday, January 24, 2020

Roasted Veggies and... a Natural Hand Treatment!

Missy Tippens

I wanted to share something today (and hope I haven't shared it already, because I've considered sharing it many times): A build-in natural hand treatment that goes along with roasting vegetables. :)

The other night we had Meatless Monday Tuesday. I chopped up asparagus. I also had pre-packaged cauliflower steaks. And I had bought a new type of mushrooms. I usually get portobellos. But this time I picked up a package of shiitakes.

I drizzled it all with olive oil, and then sprinkled on a good helping of seasoning salt.


Next comes the hand treatment! I toss the vegetables by hand to coat them well.


 

When I'm done tossing, I massage the oil and salt into my hands, being sure to also exfoliate the tops of them. A built-in conditioning scrub and treatment! When I'm done, I only rinse in warm water to dissolve the salt. I don't use soap, which would remove all the good oil. Then I just pat them dry with a paper towel and leave the rest of the moisture to soak in.

Voila! A free spa treatment. :)

Oh, and you end up with some delicious veggies for dinner! Add in some Bob Evans mashed potatoes and fresh cherries, and you've got a hearty meal.


You'll have to let me know if you try the hand treatment!

4 comments:

  1. *sigh* Looking at your plate, I can see what is wrong with my diet. Usually the pile of potatoes dominates. :(

    Years ago, when my husband was a young man traveling through Europe with his friends, one of his friends decided he did not want to go to Ireland because it was the place that gave him his shape (decidedly potato-like). So he went on to Greece instead while the other friends went to Ireland.

    So, I guess my Irish heritage is showing when I load my plate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary Cate, please notice that I cut off the potatoes in the photo!! LOL I was ashamed! hahaha

      Delete
  2. Missy, I couldn't help laughing because I first thing I do after tossing my veggies in olive oil is wash my hands WITH soap to get rid of the oil. I don't like the feel of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, Mindy. It is a little greasy feeling, but it goes away pretty quickly. And my hands look so much younger--at least temporarily! :)

      Delete