Friday, July 5, 2019

This and That--and an Anniversary!

Missy Tippens


I hope you all had a wonderful 4th! I thought I'd share these gorgeous flowers with you on the tail end of the holiday. When I saw them, I didn't think they were real. But they are!



Also, my husband and I celebrated our anniversary last Friday! We tried a new (to us) restaurant, Frankie's The Steakhouse. The service was amazing, and they made us feel so special. They even surprised us with this...




And then they sent us home with muffins. All in all a great night!


We spent last week without air conditioning on our main floor. We found out it wasn't fixable, so had to buy a new unit. We decided that would be our anniversary gift to each other. Not exactly romantic! But man, it sure did feel good to finally have the house cool again. That was a LONG week. This week has been much more comfortable!

How do y'all like to celebrate anniversaries, birthdays and other special days? Do you like to try nice, special-occasion restaurants?


MissyTippens.com

5 comments:

  1. Happy (belated) anniversary, Missy! The flowers and the cake look wonderful! I love trying out new adventures on special days--restaurants, museums, antique stores parks--anyplace I've never been before is fair game. The best part, of course, is sharing that adventure with my favorite folks!
    (P.W. So glad you got your air conditioning fixed! Ours is cutting up as well--unit isn't that old, so we're hoping it is an easy fix. Now is no time for it to go toes up!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laurel, I love your suggestions for places to visit on special occasions! Several months ago, I decided to get a membership at The High Museum in Atlanta. We've really enjoyed that for date nights and also to take our kids to use our guest passes. I even took my mom.

      I hope your ac unit is easily fixable!! Maybe it's under warranty.

      Delete
  2. Happy Anniversary!

    We do have special places we like to go, but they are super crowded during the tourist season. We still celebrate, but we save the great restaurants for fall. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's smart, Jan! We usually go a bit earlier than most so we can miss most of the crowd.

      Delete
    2. I mean earlier in the evening. :)

      Delete