Thursday, July 4, 2019

4th of July Celebration!

Well, I was TRYING to make red/white/blue muffins.

So I got a cake-like muffin recipe....

Added triple berry mix to the recipe.

Muffins did not come out white with red and blue berries.

Muffins came out tan with no curve on top, too heavy and dense, and not one bit patriotic.

And I tried making a cinnamon coffee cake with the remaining batter.... swirled with cinnamon and topped with streusel!

YUM!

Nope.

Nope.

Nope.

The cake was dry and nasty and the topping sunk into the center as the outside rose to mountainous heights that could have been helpful in the muffins!

But to each life some kitchen fails must come, and that was my current one... so back to chocolate chip cookies for the WIN in our house and everyone will love, love, love me!

And doesn't that just feel so wonderful?

:)

But despite my failed attempt at a patriotically-themed muffin, I am still here to wish youse all a wonderful and Happy 4th of July!

God bless you, one and all!

Multi-published author Ruthy Logan Herne is not afraid to share her kitchen fails and her goofiness on a fairly regular basis because sharing is caring, right? :) Chat with Ruthy here or on facebook, follow her on Twitter and visit her website ruthloganherne.com. She loves getting to know new people!

8 comments:

  1. Man, I wish we had photos so we could make fun of you!! hahah I figured you'd say they turned purple. :)

    Happy 4th to all of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Triple berry muffin fails make me sad.

    I blame it on the raspberries. I'm not a fan of raspberries. The blueberries would never do this.

    Full disclosure - this almost happened to my lemon muffins. I put WAY too many blueberries in. I'm guessing the weight of the fruit was the problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure there is such thing as too many blueberries...I'll take dense with lots of berries lol

      Delete
  3. Sorry about the kitchen fails but thanks for sharing! I've tried to make berry muffins and they always fail. I think I'm too greedy with the amount of berries I add in and then they all glop together in the bottom and turn an unslightly gray. lol Enjoy your 4th of July feasting, Ruthy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 4th Ruthy! We all have kitchen fails. It's a part of life. I'm spending the day trying to be quiet for a sleepy husband and protecting a couple dogs from thunder and fireworks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This just proves that yes, you can have too many berries in your muffins!

    I'm with Cate, that it was probably the raspberries (although I LOVE raspberries - they're in the top three of my favorite fruits.) But raspberries are fragile and juicy. When they were baking, they probably added too much moisture to the muffins.

    At least, that's my theory!

    Have a great 4th, everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Into every cook's life a few kitchen fails must fall--and I've had more than my share so I can sympathize! Chocolate chip cookies are always a win here, too! (Okay--pretty much ANY cookies, but chocolate chip cookies are the favorite!) Hope you had a happy Fourth of July!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beth liked them.... and they didn't taste bad, but so DENSE and not cake-like at all and flaaaaat.

    I wanted them to look like grocery store muffins!!!!! Big... rounded.... perfect.

    #notevenclose!!!!

    ReplyDelete