Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Autumn Chicken with Apples and Sweet Potatoes

 Mindy's not the only one who isn't cooking anything new. I'm actually getting bored enough with my own cooking that I've been looking at Ninja Foodi. Does anyone have any recommendations?


I was thinking I might use it to cook one of my favorite recipes like this one:

Autumn Chicken with Apples and Sweet Potatoes

Since last Saturday was the autumn equinox, I decided I'd be seasonal and make a healthy fall meal.

Here we go.  It was DELICIOUS!

First I coated chicken breasts with my favorite herb mix.












Then I cubed (more or less) some sweet potatoes and dumped them on top of the chicken.




Next was some chopped vidalia onion.





I let it cook a bit, then added in a mix of Granny Smith and Gala apples. The Granny Smith gave it a nice tartness.






I sealed it all in foil and parchment and baked.  (Apology: my oven is so unpredictable that I can't really offer times or temps, but you're all experienced enough cooks to figure out what works in your oven.)




The final verdict - YUM!


8 comments:

  1. One of my coworkers has the ninja foodie and loves it. It's a pressure cooker and an air fryer. If I ever get rid of my 8qt instant pot the foodie is next in line. The only down side is I think it's a bit of a funny shape. I feel like you NEED one though. It just feels right lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw a commercial for it the other night and that had me thinking. I'm really missing roasted vegetables and that looks like something I can do in this.

      Delete
  2. I agree with Katie. With your oven being, um, interestingly unpredictable (?), it sounds like the Ninja Foodie (or something similar) might expand your meal prep choices.

    But this recipe? It looks fantastic. I love the apples/sweet potato combination, and I can just imagine what those flavors did for the chicken! I'm going to have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember the flavors being amazing! I had such a strong craving for it when I saw this recipe again.

      Delete
  3. Would you believe I got a Ninja Foodie for Christmas last year and I have yet to take it out of the box? I think it's because I'm intimidated since I never mastered the regular Instant Pot. However, in your case, Mary Cate, I think it's stellar idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See, that's what I'm afraid of, Mindy. I have a slow cooker that we bought close to a decade ago that I have never used.

      But, with no oven...

      Delete
    2. Now I do use my slow cooker/CrockPot, Mary Cate. I like putting stuff in in the morning and having it ready at dinner time.

      Delete
  4. Mary, this sounds good--up until you added the apples! haha I just don't really liked cooked apples. But all the other ingredients sound yum!

    ReplyDelete