Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Keeping it Simple with Kale and Rice

 Not complaining, but school is exhausting, so by the time I get home, the last thing I feel like doing is cooking. Still, a person has to eat.


In my attempt to be lazy, I discovered something that was very tasty.


My original plan was to have salmon with rice and lemon, but when I took out the lemons, they were mush. Time to change plans.  


Since I already had the rice cooking, I decided to toss some kale in. It was chopped frozen kale. Turns out it's a great way to cook it.





I had some sprouted lentils in the fridge, so I put them on top of the kale rice mix, and then topped it with melted cheddar cheese.


Easy. Fast. And delicious.

Works for me. What do you think?


Fenway and I were enjoying an autumn walk so I took some photos to share. We always say Fen is an autumn dog because he blends in so well, and he LOVES running through leaves.










4 comments:

  1. Oh, bless Fenway! He is the cutest thing... and I love his little coat, Cate. :) That makes me smile.

    Our leaves are gone and scattered snowflakes and hail dominated yesterday, so our change of seasons is here.... but we had such a great summer and fall that I have no complaints. Not one.

    Thanks so much for this glimpse of Brooklyn in autumn.... and notice I'm skirting the kale issue. Like that's a surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brooklyn looks lovely in fall colors! And Fenway is always a delight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need those quick, easy, and nutritious meals after a day of school!

    And you're so right - Fenway is definitely an autumn dog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary Cate, I've added chopped frozen spinach to cooking pasta before. This sounds good, too!

    Sweet Fenway in his sweater!

    ReplyDelete