Wednesday, November 4, 2020

A New Fall Favorite

 So I finally cooked something.


After a great first day of NaNoWriMo, I was inspired to cook something. 

I had an acorn squash that had been sitting around, and I had an idea.


So I cooked some tricolor quinoa, a can of chickpeas, and my acorn squash and I added in some frozen cranberries.


I have been eating it for 3 nights and it still tastes great - made even better by not having to do any new cooking!







I have to say, the acorn squash made the dish. It blended so well with the cranberries to add a vibrant color and flavor.

5 comments:

  1. I'd never thought of throwing cranberries into that mix but I have a cranberry stuffing recipe that I love so why not? I even have come fresh cranberries in my fridge but they are marked for cranberry oat bars. Tis the season -- we had our first real snowfall yesterday. :-( But it's going up into the seventies by the end of the week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cranberry oat bars sound yummy, Kav.

      My daughter had snow in Maine yesterday too. It looked so pretty.

      Delete
  2. I'm with Kav, this sounds wonderful and the addition of cranberries (although I do like the sugared Craisins) adds a zest and fruitiness that I'd love. Great idea, Cate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love having a big dish of something that gives me leftovers for a few days.

    There's nothing like planned leftovers, is there? The original convenience food!

    And your dish sounds delicious, and so nutritious. I'll have to try that combination!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a day late! This looks really good to me, Mary Cate. I love each of these ingredients.

    ReplyDelete