Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Vegan Harvest Chili for Thanksgiving

 Over the years, my vegan daughter and I have made a variety of non-turkey Thanksgiving dinners. One year we made a lentil loaf. Another we did a vegan shepherd's pie.


This year we won't be together thanks to the pandemic, but we decided to try and cook the same meal before we sit down to share it over zoom.

My daughter came up with a Harvest Chili recipe. We decided having harvest in the name made it qualify as a Thanksgiving treat.


I thought I would share the recipe website with you today, because it seems easy and fun.

I also wanted to share it because I love the website. There are so many interesting recipes.


Vegan Harvest Chili


So what's on the menu for you? Are you doing all the traditional dishes? 

1 comment:

  1. I love the traditional turkey feast, right down to the last cranberry and the final bites of stuffing, so I'm about as predictable as snow in January up here.

    But what I love is that you and your daughter are Zooming this together. You know, in times of trouble, we do what we have to do and this is a lovely example of that.

    Good for you! And have a blessed Thanksgiving!

    Mine will start with an early Mass with the sweet pastor who did live Facebook and Youtube Masses and services throughout the pandemic, after never having done anything like this before... and I so admire that his goal was to reach his flock through whatever means he could. So he enlisted younger help, they set up a recording corner in the church and voila! Father Joe was broadcasting Mass with one reader, one music person and the person recording.

    I just thought that was cool. Other pastors have been doing this for a while, I know, and for mega churches it's the norm, but this 70-something priest-former-lawyer went the distance in uncharted waters for him. And so we'll do a socially distant Mass early tomorrow to give thanks.

    Cate, thank you for this sweet new tradition!

    ReplyDelete