Wednesday, October 7, 2020

A Healthy Meal and some Maine Foliage

 I didn't think I'd ever say this, but after 7 months of eating out of my pantry, I really don't even want to look at pasta ever again.


I'm sure that will change, but tonight I was craving something different, something healthy.

The answer was chickpeas, kale, rice and fire cider.

I had some leftover rice, and some kale that was about to expire, so I decided to toss them together with some chickpeas and use the Fire Cider as a dressing. 

It was really good and fresh-tasting.




Also, my daughters are both in Maine at the moment, so they've been sending me photos of the changing foliage. It's not quite as vibrant this year due to the drought, but pretty nonetheless.











5 comments:

  1. That sounds like a great pull-together meal! I haven't tried my fire cider as a dressing, yet. I'll have to try it for my lunch today.

    And Maine looks so beautiful, even with the drought. I'm sure some winter snow will add some needed moisture soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm getting more adventurous thanks to your pull-together meals. You may make a creative cook out of me someday!

    Our colours are changing now as well. Just starting but we've been having some stormy weather too and that's knocking leaves off the tree before they finishing showing off. :-( I always get the yen to read Alfie's Long Winter by Greg McEvoy this time of year. Sigh. I miss my seasonal storytimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cate, those are beautiful trees! I love the change of seasons even though we all know what's coming. And our "lake effect" has started already. It's rain right now, but we know that will change!

    I love a stocked pantry, but I've also had the luxury of shopping up here where the numbers are very low and folks are seizing what normal they can.

    Groceries/food seem to be a great equalizer.

    I'm quietly ignoring kale. :)

    And wishing the girls well in Maine! I have yet to see Maine, but I know I'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful, beautiful pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary Cate, I love the foliage! It's what I miss most about fall in the northern part of the country. I have to live vicariously through pictures, so thank you for these.

    ReplyDelete