Friday, July 3, 2020

Mindy's Peach Cobbler and Happy 4th!

Missy Tippens


Since I shared that I'd bought a large box of peaches last week, I thought I'd also share what I did with them.

First, I made Mindy's peach cobbler! She has shared two recipes in the past, but this is the one I used: click here.

It turned out so good and was a big hit!


One thing I really liked about this recipe is that you cook the peaches with sugar first. This was perfect since my peaches weren't really ripe yet. It made them sweet and flavorful!


Another thing I really liked was melting the butter in the oven, then pouring the batter over it. I love this method for making the perfect buttery crust/cakey part.


When we pulled this out of the oven, we almost drooled. I even took a video of the bubbling goodness (turn the sound up!).  LOL


Here's the finished product, hot from the oven.


While I was at it, I made use of the hot oven and baked bread at the same time. One of my favorites is a mix made by Tastefully Simple, Beer Bread. Our family loves it!


My husband and I took our goodies to our first non-family social outing since March. Some friends had us over for an outside, socially-distanced dinner. They have been working on their back yard during the pandemic, and it was beautiful!


They had cleared and leveled the area near the creek at the back of their property. So peaceful! And they'd strung lights and sat out quite a few tiki lamps and bottles with citronella oil.


We had a wonderful evening with their family at one end of the table and us at the other. :) Lots of good food, talking, and playing cornhole.


They loved Mindy's cobbler and asked for the recipe. I'll be sure to send them here to the Cafe. :)

I hope you all have a wonderful, safe 4th of July celebration!


www.missytippens.com

8 comments:

  1. That cobbler looks SO good! I need to try Mindy's recipe!

    And yay for a social get-together with friends! It's good to find a way to do what we need to do, and we definitely need to spend time with people. :-)

    Have a great 4th, Missy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have two problems with this post, Missy.
    1) Still no working oven to bake in, and
    2) I think I've developed an allergy to peaches.

    *sigh* it looks SO good.

    Happy 4th.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary Cate, I'm so sorry about the allergy!! I sure hope you find out it's something else. In the meantime, maybe see if you can find a microwave cobbler recipe. :) I'm so sorry about the oven, too.

      Delete
  3. Oh Yum. You have me drooling. Our peaches come from the Niagara region and won't be ripe until August. The ones shipped from the states are just hard and bitter. I think they must pick them too early but they never seem to ripen. They go from hard to rotten the minute you step out of the kitchen. lol I'll definitely be making this sometime this summer. And I might be daring and toss in some blueberries because I love that combo. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kav, these were hard when they arrived, but they were perfect about a week later. In fact, they were getting almost too ripe. I froze them just in time.

      Blueberries makes a great pairing!

      Delete
  4. Missy, I'm so glad I have peaches in the freezer, because I now feel the need for this cobbler. I love that it's so easy AND delicious.

    Your party looks like fun. What a beautiful backyard. LOVE the colorful Adirondack chairs. I know y'all had a great time. Didn't it feel good to gather with others again?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very nice, Mindy. At first, I was anxious. But we relaxed once we settled in at our ends of the table. :)

      Delete