Wednesday, July 29, 2020

The Daughter Bakes Bread

Remember back at the beginning of this pandemic, everyone seemed to be talking about baking banana bread. I wonder what happened with that?

My daughter decided to try her hand at bread making. Remember her success with the bagels?

She used this recipe from the NYTimes.  Cinnamon Raisin Swirl Bread

The recipe called for dry sherry, but you could substitute apple cider vinegar. Both of those ingredients surprised me. I used to make cinnamon bread all the time and I never used sherry or vinegar. Have you?

Here are some photos.







I was pretty impressed - and wished I got to sample it!

3 comments:

  1. I love cinnamon raisin bread.... Toasted??? With butter.... oh my stars, this looks awesome.

    I love homemade bread and I don't have summer time to play as much, but this makes me want to set some dough, Cate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this looks amazing! Your daughter did a great job. :-)

    We'll all have to make our own loaves so we can sample it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, I wish I could reach into the screen and grab a buttered slice. I love cinnamon raisin bread. Thanks for providing me with a craving, Mary Cate. ;)

    ReplyDelete