Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Easy Summertime Lunch

It's summer. It's hot. It's sticky. Life is rather mundane. Just ask Marvel.
Of course, things usually perk up when the deer come around. I know Marvel certainly does. Some of the does are finally bringing their fawns out into the open.
I spend most days hunkered down in my office. I mean, if I'm going to escape the heat, I may as well be productive, right? But, occasionally, I have to venture to the other end of the house for sustenance and here's a quick lunch that is super easy, healthy and full of flavor.
There are only four simple ingredients. Lettuce, low-fat cottage cheese (3/4 cup), black beans (1/3 cup, rinsed) and your favorite salsa (1/3 cup). You could also add some shredded chicken or leftover taco meat for a heartier meal. One that's every bit as good as those so-called power bowls. 

Now that's lunch in a hurry. And you didn't even need a microwave.

What's your favorite go-to quick lunch?

Award-winning author Mindy Obenhaus is passionate about touching readers with Biblical truths in an entertaining, and sometimes adventurous, manner. She lives on a ranch in Texas with her husband, one sassy pup, countless cattle, deer and the occasional coyote, mountain lion or snake. When she's not writing, she enjoys spending time with her grandchildren, cooking and watching copious amounts of the Hallmark Channel. Learn more at mindyobenhaus.com

4 comments:

  1. Mindy, that's a great salad base right there! I would love it with leftover taco meat or chicken, but I'd like it on it's own, too... although black beans and I are uneasy friends. But you never know!

    And with your temps, I'd be hunkered down, too.... and probably whiny. :) No, remove the probably and put in definitely!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ruthy, you could use whatever beans you prefer. And like I've always said, my summers are like your winters. It's good to stay inside and keep writing.

      Delete
  2. That looks fabulous, Mindy! I never know what to eat for lunch.

    ReplyDelete