Friday, July 24, 2020

Trying New Things

Missy Tippens

I hope you're all staying well. I have to say that over the last two weeks, I've been doing much better with my eating habits. I think the secret to this change is that I've stocked up on frozen vegetables. So now I always have something healthy to go with leftovers or sandwiches or even...

A simple baked potato!


I microwaved a russet potato (it took about 7 or 8 minutes, I think), then sliced it in half. I had leftover mixed veggies from the night before. I've found a mix that I absolutely love. It's Birdseye Steamfresh Gold and White Corn, Carrots and Asparagus. Some of my favorites!

I also added light cheddar cheese and fat-free plain Greek yogurt. That's a big pile of yogurt! But I'm trying to eat more calcium. And the plain Greek yogurt tastes just like sour cream to me. My favorite brand is Fage.

[Side note: one way I'm eating more plain Greek yogurt is by mixing it with almond butter and sometimes a bit of Truvia.]

One last thing to share. It's not as healthy, but certainly VERY delicious!!

My daughter and I saw this special limited time pizza offer at Your Pie the other night and ordered it for curbside pickup. I can't begin to tell you how good this was!!

Peach and prosciutto with basil and a honey balsamic glaze drizzle. Came also with mozzarella, ricotta and parmesan.


If you're making pizza home sometime, I can vouch for how well these ingredients go together. (Or look for a Your Pie near you.) :)

Happy cooking to all of you!

Missy
www.missytippens.com

6 comments:

  1. Frozen veggies are my go-to for meals. We go grocery shopping as little as possible, so we have fresh vegetables on the menu when we can. But most veggies won't stay fresh for two or three weeks (and they're hard to get here in the winter) so frozen it is.

    And that pizza looks amazing! Which reminds me...we haven't ordered from our local pizza place for a few weeks. I think I know what's on the menu tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been eating a lot of frozen kale because I realized my pantry was not supplying veggies.

    I believe the peach and prosciutto tastes good. It's that salty/sweet thing like prosciutto with canteloupe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Missy, that pizza combination is very intriguing. I might be tempted to try that one. I love prosciutto.

    I'm not a big fan of frozen veggies, except corn. I think part of that is because I roast most everything now and frozen veggies come out with a weird texture. I try to get to the grocery every week to ten days to stock up on fresh produce and it's all kept quite well. I always wrap my asparagus stems in a wet paper towel, then put that end into a plastic bad and secure it with a rubber band, so it stay fresh a lot longer than when I used to store it as is. Broccoli and cauliflower keep really well, as does cabbage. Now if I could just get salad to keep longer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peach and prosciutto with basil and a honey balsamic glaze drizzle.???? Seriously? Who thinks up these things. Someone with more imagination and a better palate them me, that's for sure!

    And speaking of veggies -- I've been eating yellow beans from my garden all week. They are sooooooo good fresh picked. Yum! (I am feeling mighty proud of myself since I have at least one crop that didn't go towards feeding the wild life!

    ReplyDelete