Friday, April 3, 2020

Spring and Spices

Missy Tippens

First, I wanted to share a little more spring with y'all. As I took a walk in our neighborhood yesterday, I snapped several photos. Hope none of the neighbors thought I was being weird photographing their houses!








Pansies are fall flowers around here, but they're still going strong this spring.


And here was my favorite.

I hope you enjoyed your walk through my neighborhood!

And a quick recipe to share. I decided to make hamburgers the other night and went looking for ways to perk them up. I found a website that shares a copycat Fuddruckers secret seasoning and decided to go for it.

I didn't exactly follow the amounts. I mixed together mostly paprika with salt, pepper, dark brown sugar, garlic powder and onion powder. (I skipped the cayenne pepper.) I made the patties first, then sprinkled this mix on both sides.

It gave the burgers great flavor! Hope you'll give it a try!

www.missytippens.com

9 comments:

  1. Oh, spring has arrived! Gorgeous!!!! I love that virtual walk, Missy!!!!

    And I have never made flavored burgers.

    Don't judge.

    I am one of those crazy particular people about a really thin, but still juicy burger, with stuff piled on. Lettuce, tomato, pickles, relish, mayo, mustard, ketchup, hot sauce, but no onions..... I love a big, thin burger with stuff. Now I must try seasonings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ruthy, do y'all have Freddy's Frozen Custard and Steakburgers up there? I love their burgers because they're so thin and very juicy. And don't even get me started on their French fries. They're thinner than shoestring fries and crazy delicious. If you haven't been to one, you need to try 'em next time you're in Texas.

      Delete
    2. Ruthy, I love a thin burger, too! And Mindy, Steak & Shake and Freddy's both have wonderful thin burgers as well as my very favorite shoestring fries!

      Delete
  2. Is that last one a dogwood, Missy? I've never seen one with red blooms. I always find it funny that pansies are a winter flower here in the south, while they were always my grandmother's summer flower of choice in Northern Michigan. Same with the snapdragons. We plant them in the fall. Ours kind of tapered off for a while, but they're flowering like crazy now. Of course, once it gets hot, they'll be gone, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mindy, I think it is a red dogwood. I have a hard time telling red from pink dogwoods. They're so pretty! Actually, if it looks funny, it's because the photo I uploaded to Canva came up flipped, so it appears to be going uphill. I couldn't fix it. haha

      Delete
  3. Such beautiful flowers! And I'm looking out the window at six inches of snow! But it's spring snow and will soon turn to mud.

    I'm going to have to try that burger seasoning. We have a freezer full of beef and no Montreal Steak seasoning! But I have tons of bulk spices and I am not afraid to use them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan! Snow?! That's crazy. It was 76 degrees here today!

      Oh, I love Montreal Steak seasoning! I use it most on ground turkey to try to make it taste like beef. :)

      Delete
  4. Wow -- I'm gobsmacked. Such beautiful flowers all in one neighbourhood! And no snow in sigh. lol Our snow is melting but I live on the wrong side of the street so I still have a pile of snow in the middle of my yard though the edges have all melted and the yards across the street hardly have any snow at all. Haven't seen any buds yet though or early spring flowers yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kav, you're always a few weeks behind us. I hope some sun will hit your snow soon!
      (LOL!! I just caught a typo that said I hope the sun will hit your snot soon!! hahaha)

      Delete