Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Mindy's Favorite Recipes

I can't believe this is my final post. When I first joined the café in 2012 I had yet to be published. Now, I'm about the celebrate the release of my eleventh book. My, how time does fly.

But while all good things must come to an end, some things live in perpetuity. Like my favorite recipes. Goodness knows I have a lot of them, so narrowing them down was tough. The good news is that while we won't be adding any more recipes to the Yankee-Belle Café, the ones that are here will remain so that you (and our children) can tap into them whenever you like.

So here we go with my top five favorite recipes.

Grape Salsa - 

I know it sounds weird, but this sweet and savory concoction is my most requested recipe. It's super simple and perfect for any gathering. You can find the recipe here

Coconut Cream Pie - 

My girls' grandmother was famous for her cream pies. And when microwave ovens became the norm, she simplified her recipe so you no longer had to stand at the stove, cooking and stirring forever. My kids love the Chocolate Cream version, but hubby usually wins out and get his favorite, Coconut Cream. You can find the recipe here.

Pumpkin Bread - 

I'm pretty sure I've shared this recipe every year because I make it every fall to give as gifts. At first it was for teachers and other school staff, but since we no longer have any kiddos in school, friends, neighbors and our adult children are now the recipients of this moist, delicious tradition. That recipe is right here

Macaroni and Cheese - 

Credit for this recipe goes to my oldest daughter, but it's definitely a family favorite. You can serve it straight off of the stove or add a cracker topping and bake it a while. Whichever way you choose to serve it, you won't be disappointed. Find the recipe here.

Last but certainly not least is Sour Cream Blueberry Bundt Cake

My mouth waters just looking at this. It's so moist and bursting with blueberry flavor. Mmm, mmm, mmm... I wish I had a slice right now. You can find the recipe here.

I've shared and discovered so many wonderful recipes on this blog these past nine years. And I know I'll be back every now and then to retrieve recipes my counterparts have shared over the years. The Yankee-Belle Café has so many great recipes from all across this great country. 

While I won't be posting here anymore, I won't be hard to find. I'll still be cranking out books and hanging out with many of these lovely ladies over at Seekerville. So come and visit us and let's keep the party going. We'll bring the food. ;)

Until we meet again... 

Award-winning author Mindy Obenhaus is passionate about touching readers with Biblical truths in an entertaining, and sometimes adventurous, manner. She lives on a ranch in Texas with her husband, two sassy pups, countless cattle, deer and the occasional coyote, mountain lion or snake. When she's not writing, she enjoys spending time with her grandchildren, cooking and watching copious amounts of the Hallmark Channel. Learn more at mindyobenhaus.com


7 comments:

  1. I just printed off the mac and cheese and the blueberry cake which I think is the same one I printed off earlier... but just in case.

    LAST POST!!!!

    OH MY STARS.

    But what a lovely run we had, darling! So happy with that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ruthy, that sounds like a perfect meal. Mac and cheese and blueberry cake. Works for me!

      Yes, I can't believe how we've been here. Time flies when you're having fun.

      Delete
  2. One of my favorite recipes of yours was King Ranch Chicken Meets Macaroni and Cheese! I've taken that to so many carry-ins, or served it for family meals, and it's SO GOOD.

    And the pumpkin bread - can't say enough about it. Delicious and easy to give as gifts. :-)

    Thanks for all the recipe memories, Mindy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan, I almost put the King Ranch Mac and Cheese in, but opted for the regular mac and cheese instead. Sigh. So many delicious recipes to choose from. And now I'm craving the King Ranch Mac and Cheese.

      Delete
  3. Oh yum! You have me drooling over your favourites. I'd have extra helpings of each. :-) I'll miss my weekly visits to Texas, Mindy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kav, I will miss visiting with you. And can you believe that there was no meat in any of my top five recipes. That means you can enjoy them all! ;)

      Delete
  4. Mindy, thank you for pulling your favorites all together in this post! I've made at least two of these and look forward to the others!

    ReplyDelete