Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Holiday Recap


Well, the holidays are finally over. And while I cooked at least a month's worth of food in the week between Christmas and New Years, I don't have any pictures. Not of the food, anyway. But I have lots of pictures of the fun.

Each of our kiddos and their families were in at some point during the week. We ate (obviously), we played, we enjoyed each other's company. And spent a fair amount of time outside. 

Yep, the stars at night really are big and bright. Making it a great night for a bonfire.
Our oldest daughter and I took some of the boys to the Blue Bell Creamery where they make some of the best ice cream in the world. And yes, we got samples.
Of course, the week's big finale was our annual New Year's Eve fireworks display.

The house is quiet now. I've hung up my apron and returned to my desk where a delightful Christmas story waits to be completed. So maybe the decorations will stay up just a while longer.

Happy New Year, y'all!

Award-winning author Mindy Obenhaus is passionate about touching readers with Biblical truths in an entertaining, and sometimes adventurous, manner. She lives on a ranch in Texas with her husband, two sassy pups, countless cattle, deer and the occasional coyote, mountain lion or snake. When she's not writing, she enjoys spending time with her grandchildren, cooking and watching copious amounts of the Hallmark Channel. Learn more at mindyobenhaus.com

6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you were able to celebrate with the family. What fun, Mindy! And those pictures are gorgeous... Why does Texas have to be so hot, darlin'? Because I would love a freedom lovin' state but you know I'm a total wimp in heat... dagnabbit. And I do love my trees....

    And now we march forward into a new year, a new beginning. Let's do this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ruthy, it's always a special time when get to see all of my kiddos and grands. I know you understand that. As for the Texas heat, just think of it as a flip from your winters. You hunker down during the winter. As one who doesn't like the heat, I stay inside and write on those blazing hot days. Because every place is air conditioned here so then it's tolerable.

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you had a great time with your family! I love how the family ranch is the center of all the festivities. :-)

    Have fun writing your Christmas story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan, I'm glad the weather cooperated so we were able to be outside. Life is just better around a camp fire.

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year, Mindy! I'm way late to the party. Love your pics...envying your non-snowness. lol How lovely to transition from ho-ho-holidaying to writing a Christmas book! Yay for us readers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kav, you can envy my non-snowness while I envy your snow!

      Delete