Friday, January 15, 2021

The Future of Our Wonderful Cafe Blog

 Missy Tippens

The Yankee-Belle Cafe was started as an extension of the Seekerville Blog for writers back in 2011 when we developed a website laid out like a downtown. We decided to have virtual shops in our Village. Ruthy and I decided to pair up to open a place to chat and share recipes from New York and Georgia, and we later added bloggers from around the country to add more local flavor. The Cafe has been going strong all these years! It has been so much fun to share recipes and lifestyle posts and to chat with y'all.


We here at the Cafe have been thinking off and on for a while now about when we might decide to close the doors at our blog. I recently retired from the main Seekerville blog and had been thinking it might be time to retire here as well. Once we started discussing my retirement, we decided that because all of us have our time pulled in many directions, maybe it was time to end our wonderful adventure here at the Cafe. Though a difficult decision, we plan to close at the end of January.

BUT... we are not going to be removing all our posts. They will remain here as an archive. Especially since some of us (me included!) have told our children that anytime they want one of Mom's recipes, they can come here to find it. :)

We appreciate all of you, our wonderful readers who have been with us over the years--almost a decade! What's amazing is that when we look at our stats, we see several thousand visitors a month. We've had almost a million views!!

Over the next couple of weeks, I would love to hear from you in the comments if you feel comfortable. I'd love to learn more about those who have been with us every week but have never commented.

You have kept us going all these years! That and the fun we've had. I have to say that you have probably helped keep my family fed much better than if I hadn't had someone out there reading what I've been cooking lately. LOL So my family thanks you, too!  :)

We look forward to spending the next weeks with you and chatting. And of course, all the other ladies will still be on the Seekerville blog. And I'll still be writing and will be on social media. So please look me up there. I may even share an occasional recipe!



After more than 10 years of pursuing her dream of publication, Missy Tippens, a pastor’s wife and mom of three from near Atlanta, Georgia, made her first sale to Harlequin Love Inspired in 2007. Her books have since been nominated for the Booksellers Best, Holt Medallion, American Christian Fiction Writers Carol Award, Gayle Wilson Award of Excellence, Maggie Award, Beacon Contest, RT Reviewer’s Choice Award, and the Romance Writers of America RITA® Award. Missy also writes devotionals for several publications from Guideposts. Visit Missy at www.missytippens.comhttps://twitter.com/MissyTippens and http://www.facebook.com/missy.tippens.readers.

10 comments:

  1. *sigh* Even though I was part of this decision, it's always hard to say goodbye to something that's been so much a part of my life for years!

    This blog has always been a lot more than sharing recipes. The conversations in the comments have been so much fun! It's been my regular morning stop to catch up on the news and grab a virtual cup of tea before I head off (virtually) to work.

    But changes always come. I'm so glad we'll be keeping the archives available! I've added many of the recipes to my Pinterest board, but not all of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan, yes, it feels bittersweet. So many good memories and recipes and photos. I've loved getting to know all of you better through the blog.

      Delete
  2. Sniff, sniff. What Jan said. Except for the part about a Pinterest board. Guess I need to fix that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mindy, I've save a gazillion recipes on my boards. You're welcome to visit them. :)

      Delete
  3. Oh man, Jan's got a Pinterest board? And she adds things to it???

    (SHAMED!!!!!!)

    I know this was tough for all of us.... but I'm hoping folks will find us on social media or visit our websites or email us! I've got a fun new penpal in the Yorkshire Dales region of England through my email, and it's so much fun chatting with her.

    Honestly... there are only so many hours in a day and it becomes a balancing act, doesn't it?

    And yet we LOVE the cafe.

    Echoing the sighs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ruthy, I've had two or three pen pals through the years through email! But how cool to have someone from England!

      Delete
  4. I've loved reading your posts and adding recipes to my Pinterest board! Yes, Ruthy, tech-challenged Winnie has a Pinterest board. I use it mainly for recipes and books I read/promote. I'll have to remember to check for recipes if you're leaving access to them. Thanks to all of you who've contributed to these posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Winnie, we've been so happy to see you here. And I'm so happy to hear you've been Pinning them!

      Delete
  5. Dearest Ladies.....I am a personal friend of Ruth. I can't thank you all enough for the wonderful stories.....traditions.....recipes.....and the enjoyment of watching what goes on in your families and daily lives. Reading the cafe was one of the bright spots in my daily routine.
    Your gift of writing is so inspiring. We are proud of our Ruthys' accomplishments and having the gift of her in all of our lives. Thank you for the sharing.....God Bless you all each and every day in this new year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dearest Ladies.....I am a personal friend of Ruth. I can't thank you all enough for the wonderful stories.....traditions.....recipes.....and the enjoyment of watching what goes on in your families and daily lives. Reading the cafe was one of the bright spots in my daily routine.
    Your gift of writing is so inspiring. We are proud of our Ruthys' accomplishments and having the gift of her in all of our lives. Thank you for the sharing.....God Bless you all each and every day in this new year.

    ReplyDelete