Friday, September 25, 2020

Rooftop Birthday Dinner

 Missy Tippens

We recently had a family birthday dinner for my daughter. I can't believe my youngest has turned  24! How does time pass so quickly?

We met at her new apartment (which happens to be in the same complex my son lives in--which is nice to know big brother can keep an eye on her). :)

We wore masks while we were briefly inside, but had the dinner outside at a great rooftop gathering area, one of the perks at their apartment building.

Here are some great views of the Atlanta skyline from the roof!





And here we are eating...

We had amazing food from Holy Taco! I hate to admit the birthday girl took this photo, so I don't have any good photos of her! (I know. Awful mom.) But here is one my husband took that shows her handing out the food (back right).


We had a great evening, perfect weather, and a really nice time together outside. As we were leaving, I took these great shots of the city.



I look forward to the day we can go out to restaurants again safely for our big birthday dinners. Until then, we can enjoy some wonderful times with outside get-togethers.

How have your celebrations changed in the last few months?


www.missytippens.com


5 comments:

  1. That is a great gathering place! I can see why your daughter wanted to live there. Views galore!

    The last big celebration we had in our family was my birthday, and that was the day our middle son and his lovely bride decided to have their wedding. So I got the best birthday present ever (a beautiful daughter-in-law) and double the reason to celebrate!

    And yes, the day was different than originally planned because of the times we live in, but they are still very happily married!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan, that had to be the best birthday ever! So sweet! You'll have to share photos when you can. Maybe you and Erica can do a joint post on the Seekerville blog. :)

      Delete
  2. what a great idea for a COVID birthday celebration! And dining on a rooftop is so elegant. Love the pretty lights and you can't fault the view!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kav, it was so nice! I love the lights. And there was only one other couple up there. They had a sweet dog that kept coming over to visit us, which made it even better!

      Delete
  3. My daughter turned 24 as well at the end of August and then my birthday was a few weeks later. We did takeout at home too, but unfortunately no view though. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete