Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Making My Way Through the Pandemic, One Coffeecake at a Time

 We all have our guilty pleasures. 


Right?


Mindy shared her "No Guilt Cheesecake Mousse" 3:00 snacks yesterday.


My guilty pleasure is coffee cake.


But since I was housebound for 6 months, and had no working stove, I learned to love mail order.


My Grandma's of New England Coffee Cake, to be specific. Perfect for the Yanks in Yankee Belle. (Or anyone for that matter.)

Over the last 6 months, I have tried many of their flavors, but I have 2 definite favorites.

Walnut Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake tastes fabulous for breakfast with coffee, or now, as a late afternoon snack after a long day of school.




The Toasted Coconut Chocolate Chocolate Chip tastes like a decadent brownie when it is warmed.




This beauty is the original Cinnamon Walnut Coffee Cake.


I don't have a photo of the Banana Walnut that I tried back in May. That was my consolation while everyone was pandemic baking Banana Bread.


I had the Red White and Blue Patriot Cake in July. It's more of a pound cake taste filled with cranberries and blueberries.



I have a Lemon Poppy waiting for me in the freezer. Doesn't it sound perfect for a late afternoon tea?


Okay, we've fessed up. What are some of your guilty eating/snacking pleasures?

6 comments:

  1. Gee, thanks a lot, Mary Cate. Now I want coffee cake. These all look yummy and the lemon poppy seed sounds good, too. I'm not sure I could list all of my guilty pleasures, but white cupcakes with buttercream frosting would rank right up there. It's also why I don't make them very often. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, we're even because now I want buttercream icing. :)

      Delete
  2. These look absolutely delicious! I don't blame you for pampering yourself.

    Guilty pleasures - maybe I have too many to count? Along with chocolate (I'm doling out my stash of chocolate chips a few at a time,) I also love caramel. Hard candies last a long time in our house, so a bag of Werther's is perfect. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't had Werther's since my husband passed, Jan. He used to eat them all the time. They're so good.

      Delete
  3. Yeah, definitely chocolate for me too. I bought a stash of those mini York peppermint patties and they are my go to when I want something sweet and good for portion control...as long as I stick to just one. lol

    I haven't had coffee cake in forever...like decades even. I need to explore the potential in my neck of the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary Cate, I missed your post! These all made me so hungry for cake!

    ReplyDelete