Tuesday, September 22, 2020

No-Guilt Cheesecake Mousse

Life's little interruptions. They're inevitable, you know. And occur frequently when facing any sort of deadline. So it's always best to get the upper hand whenever possible. Write those extra words. Put dinner in the CrockPot early in the day so you won't be scrambling at suppertime. And make up a batch of your favorite grab-and-go sweet treats so you aren't left wishing you had one when you want something sweet yet have no time to make anything. This is particularly true if you're trying to stay within a specific eating lifestyle. Which, for me, is low-carb. But when the cravings come calling around 3 PM, making smart choices can be difficult.

With only four ingredients, this No-Guilt Cheesecake Mousse is easy to make AND can be made with real sugar or sugar substitutes. 

You'll need:
  • 8 oz brick cream cheese
  • 8 oz heavy whipping cream
  • 1/2 cup powdered Erythritol (you can use powdered sugar, if you prefer) OR 1/4 cup plus one tablespoon Truvia or other stevia blend
  • 1/4 tsp vanilla
Whip the cream to stiff peaks and set aside. In another bowl, blend the cream cheese, sweetener and vanilla until fluffy. Add whipped cream and mix on low to combine. Pipe or spoon into individual serving dishes, cover with plastic wrap and store in refrigerator until you're ready to grab one. For grab-and-go portions, the small 4 oz mason jars are perfect.
I love this because it's tasty, low carb, filling, and doesn't spike my blood sugar. And that keeps me going instead of tanking my energy. Oh, and it makes a great dessert, too.

What are some of your favorite grab-and-go snacks?

Award-winning author Mindy Obenhaus is passionate about touching readers with Biblical truths in an entertaining, and sometimes adventurous, manner. She lives on a ranch in Texas with her husband, one sassy pup, countless cattle, deer and the occasional coyote, mountain lion or snake. When she's not writing, she enjoys spending time with her grandchildren, cooking and watching copious amounts of the Hallmark Channel. Learn more at mindyobenhaus.com

 

12 comments:

  1. Oh mylanta, I'm so in on this! There's a pie recipe/cheesecake recipe that uses this kind of combo as a base, and you can do so many things with it. The combo of cream cheese and whipped cream is delectable! Thanks for the reminder, Mind-O!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Ruthy. It's one of those versatile things you do a lot of different things with. And I'm not sure why, but cookies and cream is coming to mind. Definitely not low carb, though.

      Delete
  2. I'm with Ruthy that this looks delicious, but where exactly does the "no-guilt" part come from? HaHa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary Cate, I guess the no-guilt depends on perspective. For me, that means low carb, no sugar. Fat is fine, though. ;)

      Delete
    2. Gotcha. Fat would be the problem for me.

      Delete
  3. This looks awesome! I've made a single one of these before, but it's a lot of work for the few spoonfuls that recipe made. But to have it in a grab and go form? Sweet!

    Putting an extra cream cheese on my grocery list now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan, making a batch and having available makes all the difference. Then my 3 o'clock fix is already waiting for me.

      Delete
  4. Okay, this does look yummy -- but I'd probably nosh way through all those cute little jars in one day! Bwahahaha! I guess I can't say cookies are my grab and go snakce, eh? :-) I usually keep a container of trail mix handy and that gives me a pick me up mid afternoon (especially if I add some dark choco nibs to the mix.) Or some dark chocolate all on its own!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kav, dark chocolate is considered health food in my book. ;)

      Delete
  5. Mindy, I missed your post. I'm so glad I noticed! Because this looks amazing. I always use Truvia around here, so it'll be a perfect dessert for me! You don't happen to know how many WW points it is do you?

    ReplyDelete