Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Honey Mustard Salmon with Dill

 Jan's post on Monday included Pam's recipe for tuna with apples and cheese (among other things). The unusual combination of flavors made me a bit more daring the other night.

I had zero feelings of inspiration about what to cook for dinner. You know that blah feeling when just nothing is shouting out to you? In pre-pandemic times, I would probably have picked up a pizza, but oh,well.


I had salmon - the little packets, but what to do with it?

I wanted pasta, but I didn't really have anything in the panty for sauce (yes, time to go shopping again).

So I innovated. I like dill with salmon and I like honey mustard with salmon, but I was a bit wary of the combination.


Turns out there was no need to be. The flavors blended quite well.




It tasted even better cold the next day.



5 comments:

  1. Cate, you have to me the most adventurous cook I know! Creative in the kitchen and at the computer. Definitely someone who can go shopping in her pantry and come up with a meal every time. When I'm feeling blah about what to make for supper I resort to breakfast food. Oatmeal or pancakes. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well desperate anyway.

      To be fair, I had cereal for breakfast last night because I didn't feel like cooking. I had hot cereal with blueberries, strawberries and sunflower seeds in top. Yum!

      Delete
    2. I do love breakfast food for dinner. :-)

      Delete
  2. That looks so good, Cate! I'll have to find some of those salmon packets and give it a try.

    But cold? My first reaction was no way, thinking of cold pizza (which my husband loves,) then I realized it's a pasta salad! And that sounds pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary Cate, you may find this odd, but pasta is not on my go-to list. I have it once in a while, but if it wasn't for hubby, I might not have any in my pantry. Weird, I know. Though I do like homemade mac and cheese every once in a while, but for most pasta dishes, spaghetti and anything alfredo, I usually do zoodles (zucchini noodles). All in an effort to avoid the carbs, I suppose.

    ReplyDelete