Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Eating Your Vegetables

 One of the drawbacks of eating out of the panty is a lack of fresh vegetables, so the last time I went shopping (Back in June!), I stocked up on an assortment of frozen veggies. But what to do with them to make food more interesting is the big question.

My answer was throw them all together in a pot and put it over pasta.


I know we've shared similar recipes here before, but the selling point for mine is the lemon, butter, dill sauce. 


Backing up a bit, I was reading a book last week, and in one scene, a secondary character was tossing vegetables with olive oil and serving over pasta. That had me craving something similar.


I have tons of pasta in my pantry, and I had that freezer full of veggies, but I didn't know what to do about sauce. Out of the blue, I thought of the lemon and butter and dill that I'd used on my salmon the previous week, so I cooked the vegetables (I used spinach, kale, corn, green beans, and broccoli) with the dill, squeezed some lemon in and melted butter over the pasta.


DELICIOUS!!!!!

And so very easy.






3 comments:

  1. This looks delicious! I also have plenty of frozen veggies, and pasta is always on my pantry shelf. :-)

    I hope your pantry is holding out! It's been a l-o-n-g five months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh -- what a great idea! I can't believe you haven't grocery shopped since June! That takes some major organizational skills to have a stocked pantry.

    My garden is finally yielding beans and tomatoes. Just got my first ripe tomato today! Had it for lunch. So exciting! All that watering paid off! Pretty soon I'll have enough tomatoes to try making up own pasta sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I want pasta salad! Off to the pantry I go.

    ReplyDelete