Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Cuteness and Tranquility at the Ranch

Okay, so things aren't always tranquil when you've got little ones around.
They're busy. They like to help make muffins.
And take selfies with Grammy's phone.
They like to create.
But here on the ranch there's always someplace to escape and unwind, surrounded by nature's beauty. You know I love all the little calves. And this time of year, there are so many of them dotting the landscape.
Perhaps water is more your style.
Things are lush and green around the ponds.
I could sit here and drink-in this sight for hours.
Even little dogs like hanging out there. 
But this is one of the sights that thrills me most.
 There's something about horses.
IMHO, they're one of the most beautiful creatures God made. And watching them is very soothing.
Sigh. Now that we're all nice and relaxed, how about dessert?
That's a recipe for another day. In the meantime, what are you doing to escape this crazy turn life seems to have taken?


Three time Carol Award finalist Mindy Obenhaus is passionate about touching readers with Biblical truths in an entertaining, and sometimes adventurous, manner. She lives on a ranch in Texas with her husband, one sassy pup, countless cattle, deer and the occasional coyote, mountain lion or snake. When she's not writing, she enjoys spending time with her grandchildren, cooking and watching copious amounts of the Hallmark Channel. Learn more at mindyobenhaus.com.




12 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures, Mindy! And adorable grandchildren (yes, even teens are adorable!)

    We have one more day of spring with temperatures in the 60's before winter comes back tomorrow, so we'll enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Winter? As in snow? Now that would be a real April Fools joke, Jan.

      Delete
    2. You remember what South Dakota is like - we expect snow until Mother's Day! :-)

      Delete
    3. Believe it or not, Jan, they were in a drought the three years we were there, so we didn't see much snow at all. They had one blizzard and I was so mad because it happened right AFTER we left for Texas for my SIL's wedding, so we missed the whole thing. There were barely even any drifts left by the time we returned.

      Delete
  2. It's been in the 80s the last few days here in Upstate SC, then today it is in the 50s and raining with snow in the mountains.

    I have to agree with you about the horses. Our screen porch looks out over the pasture and I could sit out there all day and watch them play and run. They are indeed one of God's most beautiful creations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, we're in that up-and-down weather pattern here in Texas, too. Though lately it seems more up than down and that bugs me. I'm not ready for summer yet. But I could watch horses all day. Wouldn't that put a crimp in my writing. ;)

      Delete
  3. I want the dessert!!!!!!!

    Sigh.... Okay, those pictures are bucolic... and I know things are just starting to get crazy down there, whereas in NY we've been on pins and needles for three weeks, since the middle of our illness... and realized that the virus was already here and spreading.

    But having said that, I had Zach and Beth go get the dining room paint and the walls are done... and the ceiling is ready to roll... and then the floor. If that much is done before Easter, I'll be thrilled.

    Although usually Easter is a big and beautiful celebration after a week of Holy Thursday Mass of the Last Supper, Good Friday afternoon prayer service, and then the beautiful Easter Vigil Mass on Saturday night, followed by Easter day celebrations... But this sweet and aged priest, Father Joe, is doing his own streaming with the help of an 18 year old college freshman and doing a great job of it... And I love that this elderly man is willing to do whatever he needs to do to tend his sheep. :)

    But it feels so weird...

    And yet, I think about what they had on that first Easter.

    Jesus.

    :)

    Just Him.

    And it was more than enough!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right, Ruthy, Jesus is always more than enough.

      Until yesterday, our county hasn't had any cases of COVID-19. We've been an island surrounded. Now we have two confirmed cases and I suspect that's just the beginning. Schools are now closed until at least May 4th. So I'm thankful for my house in the woods where I can escape to nature. And pray. Because our country needs that more than anything else right now. This is out of our hands. God knew the beginning of this and only He knows the end.

      Delete
  4. Mindy, what peaceful photos! Thanks for sharing. I also enjoyed seeing the girls. So nice to have them home with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Missy, we could all use a little peace these days. And it was nice to spend some extended time with them. They certainly kept me busy. ;)

      Delete
  5. I’m packing my bags right now! Save me some dessert!

    ReplyDelete