Friday, December 27, 2019

Hawaiian Ham and Cheese Sliders


 Missy Tippens



I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! On Christmas Eve we had a dish I bet a good many of you have tried. The recipe comes from King’s Hawaiian sweet dinner rolls. You can find the recipe here.

I bought a big family pack of 24 rolls. I sliced them in half (very carefully!) and ended up having to do it in two sections. Then I carefully lifted the tops off. I spread mayonnaise on the tops. Then I placed the bottoms in a baking dish. A basic rectangular single layer cake pan was the perfect size for 24 rolls (which is actually 2 regular size packs).

I didn’t want to have to slice the sandwiches apart so I cut the ham and cheese into squares that would fit on one roll. I put two squares of ham and one square of cheese on each roll. Then I replaced the tops.

I mixed up the melted butter, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, onion powder and poppy seeds well with a whisk and poured it over the top. I covered the rolls and let them sit for about 15 minutes.

Then I baked them, covered, then uncovered, as directed.

I’m sorry I didn’t think to take photos! We were having a late dinner after our candlelight service, and were so hungry we dived in to devour them (and the chili I also made).

I just love these sandwiches! It had been years since I made them, and I’m so glad my son happened to mention them (plus we had them at book club recently). I want to keep them in mind for future potluck dinners and book club.

I hope you all have a great weekend! Oh, and please check out my newly re-designed website!


No comments:

Post a Comment