Friday, December 13, 2019

Book Club Holiday Party

Missy Tippens


I have hardly cooked this week. We've been eating leftover chili (which I've shared on here before) or have eaten out.

But my book club met this week, and I took photos to share with y'all. We had so many yummy things. We have two women who make amazing Persian food--one of them vegan. Others have other dietary needs, like gluten-free or lactose-free. So it's always a wonderful treat to try new things!

I also wanted to take photos because the book club member who hosted us has a beautifully-decorated home. She greeted us with spiced apple cider that made the whole house smell good.



The dessert table! I brought brownies. :)



This pastry tree had spinach inside. So yummy.


A gorgeous fruit salad.

This was the vegan Persian dish--Lubia polo. Instead of ground beef, I believe she used a soy substitute. I found a recipe here.



Shrimp cocktail and a veggie pizza.


We also had those amazing ham and cheese sliders made with Hawaiian rolls (you've probably had the recipe before). Some of my favorites.

We had a wonderful time and did a gift exchange. We barely had time to discuss the book for the month! :) It's been the most fun group. We were total strangers when we started meeting over a year and a half ago and have gradually added more neighbors. We've become friends and are so thankful we all met.

Are y'all involved in a book club?

www.missytippens.com

5 comments:

  1. Hi, Missy! The food--and the decorations--all look so wonderful! I'm in a book club--we meet at the local coffee shop once a month. Tomorrow's our December meeting, and I'm really looking forward to it! Such a great group, and it's encouraged me to read books I wouldn't normally choose. It's always so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laurel, like your book club, one of the fun things about our group is the variety of books. I've finally stepped a little outside the world of romance. :)

      Enjoy your get-together tomorrow!

      Delete
  2. The food all looks so delicious!

    I've always thought a book club would be so much fun! A couple friends started one in the fall, and I might have to invite myself to join them in January. They meet sporadically, so that might just fit into my schedule.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan, I bet you would really enjoy it! Our club really does discuss the books. It's always so interesting, as an author, to hear their comments. Sometimes their criticisms are exactly the same as mine. Other times, they're totally different (which is when I learn a lot from them).

      Delete
  3. Wow -- what a fancy spread! Your book club sounds awesome. I've yet to find one in my area that I'd be interested in joining. The library has one but they pick the kind of books that don't interest me at all. :-(

    ReplyDelete