Friday, December 20, 2019

A New Favorite Vegetarian Meal

Missy Tippens

I thought I'd quickly share this, a new food we've come to love.

Ramen!

The place we discovered near our house is Mizumi Ramen. There are multiple options on type of broth. The ones I love are the soy sauce based and miso based. I get the vegetable broth, and it comes with the ramen noodles (of course), spinach, corn, bean sprouts, green onion, and fried potato cakes on top. It's sooo good and very filling! And wonderfully warming on a cold night.

Here's a photo of my bowl from Tuesday night.


Others in our family have gotten chicken broth, and they also have pork. There are many options!

We're blessed to live in Gwinnett County, Georgia, one of the most diverse counties in the country--which means we have many authentic restaurant choices. We love trying new things all the time.

I hope you'll keep an eye out for ramen restaurants near you! 

www.missytippens.com

9 comments:

  1. Good morning, Missy. That sure is a far cry from those supermarket ramen cups that young adults notoriously live off of when they're struggling financially. I love your adventurous spirit for dining out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you get creative enough you can get pretty close to this! Hehe

      Delete
    2. Mary Cate, you're so right! This is nothing like the packaged stuff (although we've eaten tons of the packaged ones!). :)

      Delete
  2. I am trying to make more things like these at home. The last few weeks have been crazy. So my home cooking has been set aside for the most part and my husband has been doing most of it. So easy stuff it is! I need to get back to it before my produce from last week's box go bad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katie, I cooked on Wednesday night and realized it was the first time I had cooked in ages! So I understand how crazy things can get!

      Delete
  3. I agree with Cate - this is a far cry from the Ramen that was a staple in our house for years! But like Katie said, there are many ways to dress up that old stand-by.

    And now I'm wondering if this is anything like the Soba Noodle bowls on Panera's menu. I haven't tried one, but the pictures look similar. The type of noodle would make a difference, of course, but it looks like the idea is the same.

    By the way, with restaurant choices like you have, I'm not sure I'd cook at home very much, either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan, when we moved here, Mary Connealy asked me if we had a lot of places to eat nearby. I told her we could probably eat at a different restaurant every meal for the rest of our lives! :)

      Delete
  4. Yum -- this is my kind of cooking. Looks delicious and I love how restaurants like this one have great vegetarian options. A meal in a bowl is so cozy and comforting in the winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kav, it really is so cozy and filling. We've been there on cold nights, and it is so warming! And yes, a great vegetarian option. I'm not crazy about meat broths so this is perfect for me.

      Delete