Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Christmas Tea and Holiday Commercials

Still not really cooking here, but I decided to share a few of my Christmas favorites instead.

I've always had a thing for Christmas commercials. I spent years drinking Folgers because of this commercial.



This year I've been particularly enjoying this Starbucks "Bring Home the Joy" commercial.



Then there is the series of wonderful ads Hallmark has been running during their movies. I couldn't find them online, but each one has showcased people making a difference in the lives of others because they showed they cared.

Speaking of Hallmark - Last year I picked up this delicious tea - perfect for a cozy afternoon or evening.


But back to the commercials - 

One of my favorites is one I shared last year - the Sainsbury's Christmas 2014 centenary ad for the Christmas Truce of 1914.






 Of course there's Amazon's singing boxes commercial.




But I'll leave you with this - my favorite new commercial (and I don't even know what the product is!)

9 comments:

  1. A little research and I discovered that last ad was another British department store.

    I was thinking about the ones I love best, and guess what? They all tell a story.

    Yep - the power of story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did I miss the Hallmark tea, Mary Cate? That is right up my alley. Now I'm sad. Might have go in search of it. Amazon maybe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't feel badly, Mindy. Last year it was a limited edition produced only for our World Market store (where I got the last one). This year, it is being sold by Republic of Tea on their own website. I sent that and the vanilla cinnamon one to my daughter.

      Delete
  3. That Folger's commercial has always been one of my favorites. Watching it again brought nostalgic tears - and I don't even drink coffee!

    And the Sainsbury commercial from 2014? Another favorite. But that new one is great, too.

    I agree with you on the best commercials - they tell a story. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's the smile on the mother's face when she realizes her son is home. Gets me every time.

      Delete
  4. I love the Folger's commercial... and I love Budweiser home for the holidays commercials... and the cool Japanese Star Wars commercial! And now I'm fighting a cold and I'm a little whiny so I'm going to enjoy a pillow!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well this was a fun trip down memory lane. Wish commercials the rest of the year would be like these. The dragon one? Priceless -- but what are the advertising? It's like an animated short.

    Do you guys have Homesense and Winners stores in the states? They have this really clever commercial this year about the wonders of 'offline' shopping with 2-3 seconds delivery. I can't remember the rest but it's super clever, poking fun at online shopping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kav, we don't have those here, so I haven't seen it. but I bet it's hilarious!

      Delete
  6. Mary Cate, I missed yesterday! How fun to see these commercials! I remember that Folgers one. :) And I loved the new dragon one!!

    ReplyDelete