Thursday, September 12, 2019

Thursday Thoughts

Well, as you can see by the timing here, Thursday crept up on me again.

Some day I will be one of those amazingly organized people who blogs three months in advance, dyes her roots before they show and has clean fingernails 24/7/365.

I will most likely be in heaven before any of those things happen, but there was THIS last night:


Isn't that stunning? I saw that moon through the misty heavens and the tree branches and I just marveled at the beauty of our planet. The gift of so much!

This was my first shot. The moon, playing peek-a-boo through the tree. Almost haunting, right? But so absolutely lovely.

And I waited until the moon rose a little more to get a better shot of the moon itself, but I didn't want to miss the aura. You know if the moon loses the angle, the aura fades away...

That's parabolic with so many things in life, isn't it? To wait until the direction is clearer, but not so long as to lose the wonder of the moment.

So this was supper:

Grilled chicken on salad... I did mine with chopped apple and dried cranberries and cukes and tomatoes and cheese.

Farmer Dave doesn't do fruit on salads! :) So his was meat and veggie-style with peppercorn ranch dressing.

Homemade dressing. By that I mean that I opened the Hidden Valley Ranch jar and spooned out two tablespoons and added a cup of milk and mayo.

:)

Then I added about 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese and a lot of restaurant grind black pepper.

Voila!

Pepper Parmesan Ranch dressing.

Still crazy busy here, which isn't abnormal, it's good! But I can't believe I'm late with this post while I've already written two October posts for other blogs. Forgive me!!!!!

DUH!

Slightly crazed and still beloved inspirational author Ruth Logan Herne is raising pumpkins and writing sweet stories on her farm in Western New York where the beauty of God's season is reflected in her yard and in her heart... most days. On the occasional day she sneaks away and hides in a rabbit hole past the third hollow tree north of the Big Woods. Friend her on facebook or follow her on Twitter and visit her here or on her website ruthloganherne.com






4 comments:

  1. Our weather in Michigan was rainy and stormy last night, so no moon sightings! We're visiting with relatives and getting ready for a family wedding, but I hope we'll get to see the moon sometime during this rainy/cloudy weekend.

    And that salad! I never remember to put fruit on mine! I buy romaine hearts and keep a few chopped up in a big bowl in the fridge. Then I add whatever veggies I have on hand and some protein (cold cooked chicken is so handy!) Next time I'll have to chop up an apple and add some almonds...once we're back home and I stock up my fridge again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that, the Yankees vs. Detroit game got canceled! It was pouring.... so they did a double header yesterday which I totally missed because I was baking and working on the farm... Jan, I love the fruit additions. Especially with a light dressing, not so much with Ranch... but blue cheese vinaigrette does great, as does raspberry or poppy seed. It's so good. And I forgot to mention walnuts. I like crunch but I avoid croutons (even though I love them, I could eat a whole bag) but they are a gazillion calories so I diss them. I'd rather have a cookie!

      Delete
  2. You're such a whirlwind, Ruthy! I'm with you on the not so clean fingernails. I've done so much gardening this year (yay me) that the only way I can ensure clean fingernails is to cut them down to the quick. lol. I've cleared a space along the side of my house that's going to be a veggie garden and I'm so excited! I'll have my own mini-Ruthy farm come spring. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KAV!!!!! KAVALICIOUS!!!!! I'm so stinkin' proud of you, that's awesome! Go you!!!!!!!

      Delete