Tuesday, September 3, 2019

For the Love of Animals

Here at the Yankee-Belle Cafe we're all about food. However, we also love our pets. And let me tell you, my dogs, Dixie and Maddie, love food, too.
They're always happy to help with any cleanup efforts.
And they're convinced that being cute should equate to an automatic yes.
Sorry, Maddie. Dogs can't have chocolate.

Of course, there are times when these two are just plain weird.
Aside from our pets, there's also the wildlife that can lurk right outside the window. I spotted this guy watching me through my office window just the other day. He wasn't alone, though. Can you spot the second creature in this photo?
And then there are the deer. We love watching them, seeing their babies grow. Can you spot another of my other favorite friends in here?
Witnessing two of my favorites in action at once is almost too good to be true. The hummingbird migration is just starting to get underway, so our numbers are picking up. Soon I'll be filling all three feeders multiple times a day. And, of course, I'll be sharing some cool pictures/videos.

So tell me about your pets or what lurks outside of your window. 

Three time Carol Award finalist Mindy Obenhaus lives on a ranch in Texas with her husband, the youngest of her five children and two dogs. She passionate about touching readers with Biblical truths in an entertaining, and sometimes adventurous, manner. When she's not writing, she enjoys cooking and spending time with her grandchildren. Learn more a mindyobenhaus.com.

12 comments:

  1. I love the wildlife around your place! We have deer (often right outside our windows) and a lot of birds that we didn't see when we lived in town. There are also coyotes, mountain lions, and elk in the area, but we haven't seen them yet.

    I had to laugh at the dogs, though! In the last three months of living without a dog, I've discovered that I'm very careless when it comes to dropping crumbs. I'm used to having a vacuum cleaner follow me around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan, I'm laughing because I know exactly what you're talking about. I call our little dog Pre-rinse, because she likes to "help" when I'm loading the dishwasher. So yes, those little vacuum cleaners are nice to have.

      Delete
    2. Oh, yes, I miss my puppy vacuum cleaners. My broom gets such a workout now. :-)

      Delete
  2. I love the follow-me vacuum cleaner. When the kids leave a half-sandwich or a pancake on a chair and walk away, all of a sudden it's an empty plate and two very nonchalant dogs pretending "wasn't me!"... So funny.

    But how creepy the tree frog looks from inside! Like a monster invader!!!!! Yikes!

    I am so ready for fall here. And it's been fall-like weather for two weeks, so pools closed early and folks are grabbing sweaters. And it's all okay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ruthy, you and me both. Though I'll likely have to wait until November for any fall. We're expecting triple-digits this week.

      But that tree frog... I never know what I'm going to find on our outside my office window.

      Delete
  3. Love, love, love, critter pictures. Thank you for sharing. (and for not including snakes in your photo lineup. lol) My wildlife runs to the more mundane...squirrels and cats who have taken an interest in my garden plans to create a bird sanctuary corner. Might have to rethink that to spare the birds but the neighbourhood cats might mutiny. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kav, I am happy to say that I haven't seen any snakes in a while. Now watch, I probably just jinxed myself.

      Yes, you do have a dilemma. Cats vs birds. Hmm... Who will win?

      Delete
  4. What lurks outside my window is Pigeons there messy and poop everywhere the city has even relocate all the birds but no matter how many times they are moved they still come back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim, I've often wondered why they even attempt to relocate something like birds. I mean, they've obviously got a good sense of direction, so what's the use?

      Delete
  5. Mindy, those photos of Maddie are adorable! haha

    You also reminded me of having a tree frog on our front storm door--an idea for a devotional I'll be writing. So thank you!

    ReplyDelete