Friday, December 4, 2020

Chocolate-Butterscotch Holiday Treats

 with Missy Tippens

Thought I'd re-share a post from 2016! It's great to make for gifts. One of my favorites. Enjoy again!
****

Missy's Chocolate-Butterscotch Treats

I started with Mindy's recipe for Chocolate Peanut Bliss: click here. But I doctored it up, mainly to make it stretch further.

1 pack vanilla almond bark
1 pack chocolate almond bark
1 pack (4 oz) Baker's German Sweet Baking Bar (I'm convinced this is the secret ingredient making it so yummy)
1 bag semi-sweet chips (12 oz)
1 bag butterscotch chips (12 oz I think)
32 oz. dry roasted peanuts
½ of a large bag Chow mein noodles


Chop the chocolate bark and bar. This was taking me forever, so I just started digging the tip of the knife into the chocolate to break it up in chunks.





Toss all the chocolate and chips into the Crock Pot. I turned it on high to start the warming but then turned it down to low.






While the chocolate melted (stirring occasionally), I gathered the other ingredients along with my silicone baking sheets and parchment paper.







When the chocolate was melted (don't over-cook it!), I used a whisk to smooth it out (some of the chips didn't want to melt really well).

Once smooth, stir in the nuts and noodles. Then spoon onto the paper/silicone mats and let sit until hardened. This step took a couple of hours, so be sure to leave time--especially if you're planning to pack them up as a gift.


These are definitely something kids can help make. I guarantee everyone will love them!


Merry Christmas y'all! I hope you enjoy the time with friends and family. And also remember the Reason for this season. 



www.missytippens.com

4 comments:

  1. Cool idea, Missy. It's like a cross between peanut clusters and haystacks. The best of both worlds, er, treats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mother-in-law made haystacks every Christmas, and they're still a Christmas staple at our house. I think it's the combination of the chocolate and the butterscotch chips that make them so good!

    I wonder if it would cause a family riot if I added peanuts this year?

    ReplyDelete