Friday, December 18, 2020

A New Kitchen Gadget

 Missy Tippens


Well, I've gone a little crazy and ordered a new kitchen gadget. :) Bagel makers/shapers!



It comes with a set of six. They're silicone, so you can do the boil and then bake method if you'd like. Or just bake them.

I really wanted to make bagels out of the Weight Watcher's two ingredient dough recipe (it uses self-rising flour and fat-free plain Greek yogurt), but I didn't get a chance to make it before this post. Still wanted to share the cool tool with you! Hopefully I'll be able to share before long.

Here's a recipe that's made of the same ingredients I thought I'd share today from the Recipe Girl Blog. The recipe mentions using a thick yogurt. My absolute favorite is Fage.

If you make them, please let me know! 


www.missytippens.com

5 comments:

  1. Hey, I just printed that two-ingredient recipe last week.... I want to try it, too!

    I've always just formed ropes for the bagels and twist the ends, then boil them to give them that chewiness we all love... so I didn't know these fun things existed.

    Let us know what you think of this, how it all works!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll let you know, Ruthy! All the people on WW who have used the recipe say it's really good! They use it for pizza dough, too.

      Delete
  2. Oh please let me know how they turn out. I saw those and never made them before I cancelled my subscription. $20 a month just wasn't worth it for me. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll let you know, Katie! As I said to Ruthy, you can make pizza dough out of the dough--which may actually be what I make first. I've been on a pizza kick lately. Have been making small pizzas on Joseph's Pita rounds (they're only 1 point on WW).

      Delete
  3. A gadget to make bagels? I've always done what Ruthy described, but these things make it look like it would be much easier!

    ReplyDelete