Friday, February 14, 2020

Happy Valentine's Day!

Missy Tippens


HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY from us at the Cafe!

This photo from one of our church choir birthday parties this past Wednesday. I loved the cute Valentine's table. It was also a bit of a Valentine's celebration!



Also, I tried another tea house and wanted to share! This time it was closer to home--only about 30 minutes away (and actually very close to where we lived previously).

My friend Beth and I visited Fergusson's on the Square in Hoschton, GA. (FYI, the town is pronounced Hoosh-tun, where Hoosh sounds like bush.)  :)

We enjoyed it! I thought I'd share some photos. I didn't take photos of china like I did last time when I was in Chattanooga. This time I focused on the food and pretty teapot.

We started with warm, freshly baked blueberry scones. YUM. Then we had a first course. I had chicken and wild rice soup. Beth had a spinach and strawberry salad.

Here's our tiered tray that came next. Desserts on top. Macarons, angel food cake with raspberry sauce, fruit bars (I think they were raspberry), and lemon bars.


In the next photo, you can see our scones. We had the house blend tea.


 Bottom tier (my favorite): chicken salad croissants, egg salad sandwiches, pimento cheese on toast, and sandwiches we thought were beef and provolone. Plus my favs, cucumber sandwiches.


A really nice lunch yesterday!

I hope you all have a wonderful Valentine's Day! Please reach out and spend time with someone you love--friend, spouse, family, co-worker... And be sure to remember those who may be lonely today, or who may have experienced loss.



4 comments:

  1. Happy Valentine's Day, Missy!

    That tea room looks like a winner. I have a feeling you'll be going back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Valentine's Day to you, too, Jan! Enjoy the first one in your new house!

      Delete
  2. More tea rooms!! I have yet to try the one near us. Maybe I'll talk Jacob into it lol after all it is Valentines. We can just call it a delayed celebration! I drink tea all day long so it's right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get to go soon, Katie! It’s such a fun treat. :)

      Delete