Wednesday, February 26, 2020

A Quick and Delicious Spaghetti Dinner


Sometimes a gal just wants her pasta.

But maybe she doesn't want it to be complicated, and maybe she doesn't want meat sauce, but she needs some protein.

Whatcha gonna do?

Anyone channeling Ado Annie from Oklahoma?

Have you seen this recording from the Broadway show?



Okay, back to pasta.

This is one of my favorite pasta dishes and it is so easy.

Start with a jar of sauce. I'm using Barilla's Roasted Garlic. Heat it up and then mix with a generous helping of ricotta cheese (how much you use depends on how many servings you need). Sometimes I add in a little mozzarella as it's heating up.

I prefer to serve it over angel hair pasta, but something sturdier like rotelle works too.

SO good.




The finished sauce ready to ladle over pasta.





5 comments:

  1. Mary Cate, either that's a LOT of sauce, so much that I can't see the pasta, or the wrong picture got stuck there. Still, I love this. Our local HEB, which has fabulous store brands, has a tomato-alfredo sauce blend that is sitting in my pantry waiting to be tried. And this may have just spurred me to do that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mindy, I think that's just the pot of sauce. :)

      Delete
    2. Missy is right, Mindy. I forgot to take a photo of it once I put it on the pasta. I thought I had, but apparently not.

      Delete
  2. Mary Cate, I love this! I did it recently for the first time. I usually just use the sauce by itself or buy the sauce with cream in it like Mindy mentioned. But recently did a modified recipe--instead of stuffing shells, I just stirred the ricotta into the sauce. It was really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually like it better than the sauce with the cream in it - probably because I use way more cheese.

      Delete