Friday, November 15, 2019

Quick Chicken Stir-fry

Missy Tippens

I recently had a pack of chicken and couldn't decide what to do with it for dinner. Actually, my daughter and I had different opinions about what to make with it! So we finally agreed on stir-fry. It just so happened, she had some sauce she'd used in another recipe, so we decided to use that.

This was so easy and had a lot of flavor (and a little kick).

Chop chicken into bite sized pieces

Sauté in skillet in a little olive oil with garlic and chopped bell peppers.

Add any vegetables you'd like. We had a package of frozen green beans to use. (The cupboard was bare!)



When chicken is done, stir in this wonderful sauce. Serve over rice.


A quick, simple dinner--great for settling disputes over what to do with a pack of chicken! :)


And just for fun, look at the beautiful flower arrangement from church last week. I love the berries!




www.missytippens.com

4 comments:

  1. A bare cupboard?! What is that? Especially this time of year we always keep plenty on hand. You know just incase we get snowed in. My husband likes stir fry so I make it for him sometimes. I never thought to add green beans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katie, I hadn't been to the grocery for a full trip in like two weeks. It was pitiful around here!

      Yeah, the green beans turned out really good! I usually would have chosen broccoli and carrots.

      Delete
  2. When I make stir-fry, I usually end up making my own sauce, but when I saw the label of your sweet chili peanut sauce, I realized that why I do has been getting pretty "ho hum."

    I'm looking for that sauce on my next trip to the store!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan, I've never been able to make my homemade stir fry taste good. Soy sauce just isn't enough by itself. And I don't really care for sweet and sour sauces. Fish sauce does help, but I didn't have any. Then we remembered this sauce. So yummy!

      Delete