Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Roasted Rosemary Potatoes

Look who came to visit Grammy this weekend.

And since we were smack dab in the middle of Round Top Antiques Week, we just had to go. What started as an antique show in the tiny town of Round Top, TX, has grown to included neighboring communities and the result is miles and miles of flea markets, each one bleeding into the next. The biannual event takes place in the spring and fall and you never know what you might find.
If you have a need for burial clothes, they've got you covered.
You might even run into Sasquatch.
My daughter said I should have bought this and placed it in the woods somewhere to see if there were any sightings.

Miss T found what she wanted.
Round Top/Warrenton are kind of in the middle of nowhere, so it's a lovely drive through the country. Especially when the bluebonnets are at their peak.
But, alas, all good things must come to an end. Then you have to go home and fix dinner. But these Roasted Rosemary Potatoes are a quick and easy side dish.

Start with red potatoes. You can find them in large or small sizes.
I usually go somewhere in the middle. Unless you're using the really small ones, half or quarter the potatoes so they're similar in size and place them on a foil-lined sheet pan. The foil is so you'll have very little clean-up.
Drizzle potatoes with olive oil. This is kind of an eyeball thing. You don't want so much that it puddles on the pan, but you need to give the potatoes a good coating. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and rosemary to taste. Remember that potatoes are dense, so be sure to add enough salt. Toss everything to coat.
Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven until potatoes are browned and fork tender. Depending on the size of your potatoes, this can take anywhere from 20-40 minutes or more.
These potatoes are so easy and so delicious that you may just want to make a meal out of them.

After a long day of antiquing, a bath is always in order.
Follow that with a good night's sleep and you're ready to go again.
Do you like to go antiquing or junking? Finding treasures that you can give a new life? If so, I'd love to hear about your greatest find.


Three time Carol Award finalist Mindy Obenhaus lives on a ranch in Texas with her husband, the youngest of her five children and two dogs. She passionate about touching readers with Biblical truths in an entertaining, and sometimes adventurous, manner. When she's not writing, she enjoys cooking and spending time with her grandchildren. Learn more a mindyobenhaus.com.

13 comments:

  1. We love going to antique and thrift stores just to see what we can find. I can't say I have found anything super exciting, but one day I will! We did find a decorative wood picture we spotted at a rummage sale from the road and I had to look at it. For $2 we got a really nice photo and I saw later on the cafe in it is xall Jacob's Cafe. So now if we ever go crazy and open a cafe we have to call it just that and hand the picture there! We love roasted potatoes. Sea salt and pepper are my favorite. I was just looking at the bag of potspota I only have a few weeks to use up. Thinking something like this is in order!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all about the hunt, isn't it, Katie. We didn't buy anything, but we still had fun. And you just never know when you might stumble onto that one thing you've been looking for that you didn't know you were looking for. ;)

      Delete
  2. It's so much fun to browse at places like that! We really don't need more stuff...but looking doesn't cost a thing.

    And the bluebonnets! Oh, I love them and miss seeing them. :-)

    But that baby. She's beautiful! I know you enjoy her visits.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to say that this is my favorite way to fix potatoes. I add in some garlic cloves, and they're delicious, too!

      Delete
    2. You're right, Jan. It doesn't cost a thing and it's like an adventure. You never know when you might find something really cool.

      I've contemplated the garlic, but it depends what I'm serving them with. So far, I like them as is.

      Delete
  3. Oh, how fun to have Miss T there!! She's so so cute! And what a perfect farmhouse kitchen sink for bathing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Just realized I didn't even comment on the food! haha Yes, I guess my dreams of grandkids someday made my focus zoom right in on the baby. :) But I do love roasted potatoes! And rosemary is one of my favorite herbs with potatoes.

      Delete
    2. LOL, Missy. Babies are definitely a distraction. And the farmhouse sink really was perfect because she splashed and splashed and all the water staying INSIDE the sink.

      I have a big rosemary bush in the backyard. I love that it survives the winter and that I get to snip off what I need whenever I need it.

      Delete
    3. Fresh rosemary sounds perfect!

      Delete
  4. THOSE PIGTAILS!!!!! SOOOOOO CUTE!!!! Sorry about that, but grammy's darling is rocking the Cindy-Lou Who look. :-) And she has great taste in flea market finds too.

    There's a posh downtown neighbourhood that holds a garage sale every May -- it's crazy huge and always full to brimming with great finds. The problem is -- it's a downtown neighbourhood so there's limited parking and the roads get into a gnarled mess. I've been known to haul the crazy finds that feed my eclectic taste home on the city bus. Always good for a laugh...or being kicked off the bus because I'm blocking the aisle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that, Kav. The Cindy-Lou Who look describes her pigtails perfectly. LOL!

      Kav, you'll just have to look for things that will fit in a bus seat so they don't block the aisle.

      Delete
  5. What a cutie. Lucky grandma. I'm with Missy. I love the potatoes, but the sink, now that's to die for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And sink with a baby, Mary Cate, is just plain fun! ;)

      Delete