Tuesday, April 16, 2019

My Favorite Easter Desserts

Since I have a rapidly approaching deadline and I've done little to no cooking or baking, and Easter is this weekend, we're going to revisit a post I did just before Easter last year. I have an array of springtime desserts, but these are some of my faves.

Well, Easter is almost upon us. The day we celebrate the resurrection of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. And it's only fitting that Easter is in spring. A time of rebirth and renewal. "If any man be in Christ he is a new creation." 2 Corinthians 5:17

After a time of rejoicing with our church families, most of us head home to continue the festivities with family and, of course, food. In our church we always joke that Baptists can't do anything without food, however I have enough friends of other denominations to know that the same thing can be said about Catholics, Methodists, Lutherans, Episcopalians... You get my drift. We all like good food.

So as we look forward to those delicious Easter spreads, I thought I'd share a few of my favorite Easter desserts, just in case you're still trying to decide what to fix at your house.

This first one is always a favorite with the kids. Although, I'm woman enough to admit that this particular adult will still arm-wrestle one of those kids for the last one. Okay, only the kids that are bigger than me.
Simply start with your favorite cupcakes. Top with Seven-minute Frosting (find that recipe here), some tinted coconut (how to do that is in the same link) and some colorful jelly beans for a fun, festive treat.

When it comes to Easter desserts, I always think of color. It's spring, after all, so things should be colorful. Like this pistachio cake (recipe here). 
Or these lemon bars (recipe here).
And a relatively new favorite, Sour Cream Blueberry Bundt Cake (recipe here).


Okay, now I'm craving dessert.

What are you Easter plans? And which of these desserts would you pick? 


Three time Carol Award finalist Mindy Obenhaus lives on a ranch in Texas with her husband, the youngest of her five children and two dogs. She passionate about touching readers with Biblical truths in an entertaining, and sometimes adventurous, manner. When she's not writing, she enjoys cooking and spending time with her grandchildren. Learn more a mindyobenhaus.com.

3 comments:

  1. Um...I'll take one of everything, please...well, maybe two lemon squares. :-) Such a lovely springy dessert! We finally have spring weather!!! Unfortunately that means 4 solid days of heavy rain staring Friday so it will be a soggy Easter here -- but better than having a snowy one! My Easter plans include church on Friday and Sunday and a dinner sometime over the weekend -- details to be finalized but I definitely think your lemon squares will make an appearance on the table!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kav, I love these particular lemon bars because they're nice and lemony. And I'm so glad you're getting rain instead of snow. Remember, April showers bring May flowers. ;-)

      Delete
  2. Mindy, I'm a day late. Yesterday was crazy.

    Thanks for re-sharing this post! Lots to try!

    ReplyDelete