Thursday, April 11, 2019

Brownies Make Everything Better

Come closer...

No.

CLOSER....

SHHHHH................

Missy Tippens thinks I make almost everything from scratch.

GIGGLE!!!!!!

I do make some things from scratch, but I:

A. Love cake mix cakes
B. Love brownies
C. Love food
D. Love quick

So when we need a quick fun snack, I use my 11" x 15" Pyrex pan and make a double box of brownies... Cooking time on this is about 37 minutes, and you know that's important with brownies.

So I make the double boxes according to the box recipe...  I lightly spray the bottom of the big pan.

Pour the batter into the pan....

Sprinkle generously with milk chocolate or regular chocolate chips....

Dot 1/2 of the pan with scoops of peanut butter.

Swirl the peanut butter into the batter lightly, leaving veins of peanut butter....

Swirl the chocolate chips into the other end lightly.

Bake at 350 degrees for 37-38 minutes. (preheated oven)



I forgot to take a picture at the end (possibly because the entire pan went to Beth Jamison's house for the night and saved me from myself!!!!) But here's what it looks like before baking...

And then cool as much as possible (they do cut nicely once cooled, but we never, ever wait for them to be cool before we hack into them....

And keep wrapped once cool.

This is a BIG tray of deliciousness and the two varieties make it look like you fussed.

(You didn't)

They make it look like you did twice the work.

(Wrong again!)

And you make people happy!!!!

(True words!) 

Crazy busy week here on the farm, doing some spring clean up, I just got back from a four-day jaunt to Christian Fiction Readers Retreat in Rockville, Maryland, and we're hosting Help for the Homeless on Saturday which means there will be people around.... doing nice things to help the least among us.



"When I was hungry, you gave me to eat... when I was thirsty, you gave me to drink."

"Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me."

Paraphrased but heartfelt. I've got fun book stuff going on, and there's always a bit of this work and that, but I love "Help for the Homeless" and huge thanks to my 18 year old friend Christina for nudging me to get on this project.

I love teens that love to help!

Ruth Logan Herne has written over 50 novels and novellas, she loves writing, she loves God, she loves her family and has some seriously cute grandkids... many of whom will be helping this weekend! Find this busy author on facebook.... on Twitter.... her website ruthloganherne.com or email her at loganherne@gmail.com  She loves to hear from readers, writers, and just about anyone! 

7 comments:

  1. Love the event, love the brownies! And I'm laughing over what you said about Missy. Will have to try all these add-ins next time I make brownies. Or show this to my 20 yo and let him try it next time he gets a hankering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He'll love playing with stir-ins! What's not to love, right? Total decadence, Mindy!!!!! :)

      Delete
  2. This is a great idea for brownies, Ruthy! I'll have to try this the next time I need dessert for a crowd. :-)

    And I love Christina's idea for the benefit...and she knew who to bring on board to make it happen! Enjoy the fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, we did this five years ago... and then didn't do it again. We did some fundraising, but not the whole day event. So this year when she gave me a kick in the pants, I said YES!!!! She's off to college in four months, and oh my stars, we want her to have all the coolest of cool memories of being home. She's such an amazing kid.

      Delete
  3. Ooohh -- dotting with peanut butter! Who knew? And spring clean-up sounds so foreign. I'm still shoveling snow. Sigh. That should be outlawed in April. :-) Your farm is crazy good fun nor matter what the season! Love the way you let your light shine wherever you are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, bless you, my friend! I saw pics of your snow... and today and yesterday it snowed here, then ice-sleet-frozen rain... not hail, but big splotches of ice pelting us this morning.... but tomorrow up to nearly 70 degrees....

      OH MY STARS!

      Thank you, Kav. I share your love for God and dislike of snow in April. Mother Nature should know better!!!

      Delete
  4. Ruthy, I agree that mixes are easy and really good! I love the idea of adding peanut butter to brownies! I never think to do that. I also love the idea of a double batch! :)

    ReplyDelete