Friday, August 23, 2019

Vacation from Cooking

Missy Tippens

We just got back from vacation over the weekend, and I've hardly cooked a thing--nothing worth posting about.

While on vacation, we usually do breakfast and lunch in our condo. Then we eat out for dinner most nights. We have our favorite places but also love try new restaurants.

Since I didn't have any recipes to share this week, I thought I'd just share some photos of gorgeous Orange Beach, Alabama.

My daughter's boyfriend got to join us this year! It was so nice to get to know him better. And he didn't run away screaming, so that's always a relief! :)


Like usual (since Orange Beach is on central time), I woke early enough most days to watch the sunrise. I love that peaceful time on the balcony with my coffee and Bible app!


And here's the pier looking the other direction from our balcony.


There's nothing like getting away for a week, putting your toes in the sand under a nice beach umbrella, and reading book after book.

Ahhhh.



But all good things must come to an end. I guess that means I need to start cooking again... eventually. ;)  Maybe I'll have something new to share next week.

www.missytippens.com

7 comments:

  1. Oh, this looks sublime. I have never spent a week at a beach. That's kind of unbelievable, isn't it? Missy, this is a beautiful spot to rest and rejuvenate and draw on His peace of mind and heart. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ruthy, I have a hard time envisioning you sitting still at the beach. :) But You would love it if you could force yourself to slow down! :)

      Delete
  2. I haven't spent any time at a beach since I was a wee kid. Looks like you had the perfect getaway! I'm zenning out just looking at your pictures. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kav, I'm glad you enjoyed a "trip" through photos!

      Delete
  3. Ah, Missy. As you know, my beach vacation was at the beginning of the summer. Usually this would have been the week we went away, but life happens, things change. I'll enjoy the beach vicariously through your photos. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary Cate, I know you're still learning to live with the changes. I'm so glad you and the girls had your earlier getaway. It sounded wonderful.

      Delete
  4. I'm sorry I never commented on Friday! I was in the mountains on a retreat with our church choir! Went from beach to mountains! :)

    ReplyDelete