Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Shrimp...Again

Mindy spoiled us all with that delicious lasagna yesterday.

Nothing so fancy today. My oven is on the fritz. Some days it turns on, others it refuses. I'm sure we could all comment on that.

It's really only that the electronic igniter needs replacing. 

But I did try a more savory version of the shrimp with pineapple. This time I sauteed some spinach in garlic first, then sauteed the shrimp in garlic and herbs and olive oil. Finally I stirred it all together. Still took about a total of 15-20 minutes and it tasted delicious.











Summer may be gone on the calendar, but someone forgot to tell her to leave. We're in the high 80s, low 90's.

The sunflowers are fading (and eaten),
















 but these beauties shine on.



3 comments:

  1. Oh, those poor sunflowers! We noticed that by mid-August the summer flowers were so stinkin' sad! It's like they struggled for too long against a raging sun and so they kind of crinkled up and sighed and hung their heads... but the fall up here is shaping up to be beautiful!!! And that makes me happy.

    Cate, I love this quick, delicious meal! Go you! And I had to have my oven fixed last weekend and LG sent a man out on SATURDAY... yes! They work Saturdays! And they OVERNIGHTED the part he needed because we've had to replace the igniter before (I seriously want that word to end in "or" not "er"....) and in less than 24 hours, my convection oven was up and running and I'm in love with any company that actually takes the word "service" seriously these days!

    Okay, back to shrimp... it looks marvelous, my friend! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ruthy, amen to what you said about companies that take the work service serious today. They are the ones we'll go back to again and again.

      Delete
  2. Fading sunflowers… What a sad sight to see. If only the temps would fade along with them.

    Mary Cate, now this is a meal I can wrap myself around. Shrimp and garlic are a perfect pair. And the spinach and noodles simply make it even more delicious. Yum!

    ReplyDelete