Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Halloween in Brooklyn





BOO!


Last week Mindy remembered that in the past I've posted photos of my neighborhood at Halloween.

That gave me an idea, so I took some new ones to share with you this year.




When did Halloween lights become a thing?


Some go for the simple, natural look.



Zombie lights


More lights.







When my girls were little, and we were heading off to the neighborhood parade, I always made a hearty pot of stew to have for dinner so we'd be well fortified.

Do you have a Halloween meal or is just another day in your household? I confess that this year I've been reminiscing about those sweet days when the girls were little and my family was all together.


And one more thing - with due apologies to Ruthie -

GO RED SOX!!!!!

It was a bittersweet World Series in my house, but I'm choosing to believe that my husband finally got to watch his beloved Red Sox win the World Series along with his father who never lived to see the end of the "Curse of the Bambino." There were rainbows shining over Fenway Park. I like to believe it was the Curry men smiling down.






4 comments:

  1. Fun pictures!

    And I agree...when did Halloween lights become a thing? There a some in our neighborhood, and a few people go all-out in their decorating.

    The Red Sox!!! I don't watch baseball, so I had no skin in the World Series, but how sweet that the Red Sox won. It seems right, somehow. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love this, Mary Cate. Even the part about the Red Sox. but the Halloween pics are so much fun. I love seeing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even I had to cheer for the Red Sox because they were clearly the best team in baseball this year... and they never caved.

    That never happens.

    Ever.

    But this year it did.

    So I'm cheering with you because that was one for the record books, my friend. And I'm going to make oatmeal cookies just because Mindy posted them and I love them with white chocolate chips and Craisins.... so that's a must-do.

    We are so stinkin' blessed to have each other, aren't we?

    So congrats on the Red Sox... the bums... and I love the glimpses of Brooklyn, all done up! Former home of the Dodgers... and a heart for baseball from one end of the big Apple to the other.

    And those memories...

    Oh mylanta.

    You got me all sentimental. We love you, Cate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary Cate, how sweet to see that rainbow and think of your husband. I bet you're right!

    Thanks for sharing the fun decorations!

    ReplyDelete