Friday, August 24, 2018

Gargantuan Shrimp!

Missy Tippens

I was at Kroger the other day and saw these beautiful, huge shrimp. And they were on sale!

Look at these puppies (I can't remember the name of them, but they're wild caught)...


Almost as big as my hand! I wanted to make an amazing shrimp cocktail. But my daughter doesn't love that, and we forgot to buy cocktail sauce. So I decided to sauté them in some butter and maybe add some bread crumbs for a little texture.

Here they are all cleaned and ready to go...


In the meantime, I preheated the oven to 400 degrees to roast some vegetables. Asparagus, fingerling potatoes and portobello mushrooms.


This is such an easy side dish. Sprinkle with olive oil and seasoning salt. Roast (bake) at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. We do this all the time with many different vegetables (squash, carrots, cauliflower, etc.).

When they were almost done (and once hubby got home), I started the shrimp. I first sprinkled on a little seasoning salt and put them in a skillet with some olive oil and melted butter.

Side note: While getting the salt, I remembered mentioning Maldon sea salt in a blog post before (I sprinkled the flakes on the corn on the cobb). I thought I'd share the package this time in case I didn't before.


(I bought a dozen glass jars at Christmas time to give home-made seasoning salt to my kids. I used the additional jars for various salts. I love the Maldon flakes, as well as sea salt and kosher salt. I bought larger packages and store it in these cute jars.)

Now back to the shrimp!

Though massive, these only took a few minutes (maybe 2 minutes each side). Only cook them until they're opaque and pinkish.


I decided to put on a cover to help steam them.


Here they are all done! They were delicious.



Ta-da! A quick dinner.


Missy's most recent release:



Opposites attract in this novella-length inspirational romance (Christian romance) Book 1!

Willow Valentine is on a quest—granted, a crazy one. When her car breaks down in the middle of a 4th of July parade in the tiny town of Dahlia, Georgia, she can’t help but wonder if God was bringing her here all along. After the handsome Trent Meriwether comes to her aid, she’s tempted to believe God has. But she, like her dad, is the type to keep moving on. Can she truly avoid that Valentine itch and settle in this town, especially when she finds she’s quickly falling for Trent, a man with deep roots in Dahlia?

Trent has moved back to his hometown to make amends and support his family. Though his grandmother warns him the Valentines are drifters, he finds himself intrigued by Willow. She makes him laugh and feel hopeful for the first time in ages. But how can he look twice at someone so much younger, someone who could pick up and leave at any moment—even if she is like a ray of sunshine to his troubled soul?

Welcome to the small town of Dahlia, Georgia, where everyone feels at home!

5 comments:

  1. This looks absolutely marvelous... and now I'm hungry for shrimp! Missy, I love roasting all kinds of fun veggie mixes in the oven. It makes me happy. I don't know why, but they're just so good roasted!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really good roasted, Ruthy! They caramelize and make the sugars stand out. I think we like that sweetness!

      Delete
  2. Yay for roasted veggies! And I love shrimp, too. I try to buy the extra large variety and always try to have at least one bag in the freezer for quick meals. But these...triple XL, maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm coming to your house for supper! I'm the only one in the house who LOVES seafood...and the other resident can't stand the smell of it cooking. So I get my fix at restaurants, or I'll fix some for lunch when he isn't home.

    But the roasted veggies are fabulous! I'll need to fix some to go with our dinner tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Missy. I had something similar last night, but my shrimp look like...well... shrimps compared to yours! ;)

    Add me to the roasted veggie lovers.

    ReplyDelete