Friday, November 23, 2018

The Annual Turkey Cranberry Wrap!

Missy Tippens

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving full of love, laugher and good food. I'm so grateful for my fellow bloggers and for each of you who visits with us at the Cafe.

For those with turkey and dressing crowding your fridge, I'm once again re-sharing my favorite recipe for Thanksgiving leftovers!



Years ago, I chaperoned a trip with my son's AP U.S. History class. We visited Boston and surrounding areas. At one stop in Concord, we let the kids go do lunch on their own. Several of the teachers and I hit a fantastic restaurant called Main Streets Market and Cafe. I had what I think may have been the best sandwich of my life. The Turkey Cranberry Wrap. I was in heaven. Recently, I decided to recreate this sandwich on my own. (I can't believe I didn't think to do it sooner.)

So, here we go! Pull out those leftovers and get to wrapping!




Get some of those low carb wraps I mentioned a few weeks ago. Spread on cranberry sauce. Your choice of type. My daughter chose jellied, "the kind that's shaped like a can."  :) Layer with baby spinach.


Add dressing. I heated mine.


Then layer on the turkey. Again, I heated mine.


Wrap up and serve with a side of sweet potato fries just for fun. :)

How easy is that?! And it's an amazing sandwich. I ate it leftover on three days last week! And didn't even get sick of it.

What's your favorite thing to make with turkey leftovers?


P.S. Is you're going to hit the crowds shopping today, good luck!


www.missytippens.com

6 comments:

  1. This sounds amazing! I am going to to try and use my leftover home made cranberry sauce for the yogurt I am going to make. I used a new recipe and did a test match earlier in the week. Since it needed some tweaks I used the test batch to make dog treats because we can only eat so many leftover cranberries. Why do we only make meals like these twice a year? I am going to start making turkey 3 or 4 times. Or ham that would be good too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you like it, Katie! I made homemade cranberry sauce for the first time this year! I'm sharing the recipe before Christmas. It was so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds so good. Unfortunately I do not have any left over turkey or dressing. but I have printed it off to keep on hand for when I do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wilani, sometimes it's a good thing not to have all those leftovers! :)

      Delete
  4. Missy, one of the best things about Thanksgiving is the leftovers. So many ways to use them and this wrap looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mindy, now that the kids have all left, I'm wishing I didn't have so many leftovers! Especially the pies I meant to send with them.

      Delete