Wednesday, November 14, 2018

November is Yellow

For the past few weeks I've been noticing that my neighborhood is yellow.
If October was mostly red and orange, lately yellow leaves dominate and give a gentle yellow glow to the air.
If a picture is worth a thousand words, I've got a mouthful.















And one hold out yellow rose.





Add in one sad dog in a yellow raincoat that is way too big for him, but it was raining THAT hard.

Please ignore the condition of the carpet. There has been construction going on for a week and the dust is embedded.

So this week, to continue the monochromatic theme, I have a white-ish/yellowish meal.

It was a dark and stormy night - after a cold and rainy day - and I wanted comfort food, so I cooked some orzo, diced some leftover chicken, and loaded on the cheddar cheese.  So delicious and filling.







I melted the cheese briefly, just enough to meld everything together.

And finally, some more yellow.










Even at night...




What does November look like in your neck of the woods???


7 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing these photos! Between sickness and work we have not had time to go on our fall drives through our favorite places this year and with the cold snaps I am sure we have missed the good stuff! That dish looks great! Sometimes the best things are just thrown together with what we have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos, Mary Cate! Our colors have been muted this year because it was hot so late into the year. But I have seen a little yellow lately. My favorite is the yellow/orange that practically glows. And I love red. I love it all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and I also meant to say, that raincoat...CUTEST THING EVER!!

      Delete
  3. Mary Cate, those photos are beautiful. I like seeing images of life in other parts of the country. Poor Fenway, though. As if the raincoat isn't humiliating enough, then Mom takes his picture in it. Your meal looks yummy, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a quick and easy meal! Just right for last minute/after work. Yum!

    Our Septembers are yellow. The aspens turn bright gold and stand out against the dark green pines. So lovely!

    November has been white so far this year. But today is supposed to be in the mid-60's, so we'll see the golden brown dormant grass in the prairies. I suppose that's yellow, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brooklyn is glowing gold! That's so cool, Cate! And what pretty trees. You have to just love the trees that grow in the boroughs... and how pretty it is to have those gorgeous leaves for a few weeks each fall.

    Most of ours came down this past week.... We still had about 20% but then it snowed last night, and a cold snap, and now the stubborn trees (Catalpa and willows that can withstand cooler temps) are turning yellow... or the leaves are just dropping with a droopy brown "I got frozen" color....

    Thank you for sharing these lovely pictures! They're beautiful... and the food looks marvelous, too!

    ReplyDelete