Friday, March 15, 2019

Roasting Vegetable Mixes

Missy Tippens

I wanted to share something new I discovered. I've been having fun with my air fryer and have enjoyed finding freezer items I can cook quickly. It's nice for side dishes, of course. But I've been cooking these as a way to snack on vegetables.

There are several of these PictSweet mixes. Here's one...



Another I tried and really enjoyed was a mix of potatoes and onions.

I just put the frozen veggies in the basket and give it a little spray with Pam. The cooking times have varied, mainly because I'm not sure what to use. I just keep trying different temps and times.



I really enjoyed this combo! Here they are after the veggies have started to caramelize a bit.




I've also really enjoyed cooking fresh cauliflower bites.

You'll have to let me know if you have any air fryer favorites!

Now, for dessert...




I finally did my second oil painting for the class I've been taking with Dreama Tolle Perry! It's a little squatty and lopsided, but overall, I'm pleased with it. And I had fun, which is the most important part! :)


www.missytippens.com

10 comments:

  1. One day I might get an air fryer. For now I must wait until I see how much actual kitchen space I will have in just over a month. For now I have been making homemade yogurt and when I want a night snack I get some of that.

    Your cupcake looks just right! In reality most cupcakes (at least mine) are usually a little uneven anyways. Perfectly imperfect! Maybe one day you will see the results of the pottery wheel a friend and I did one night. I should have stuck with making Jan and my SIL spoon rests lol instead I really wanted a bowl and tried real hard and well let's say I will be using my spoon rest out in the open, but will save my dad bowl to myself, but hey if they are functional why not use them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to see your pottery, Katie! You'll have to share photos sometime. :)

      I've been curious about making yogurt. My Instant Pot supposedly does that. But do you have to buy yogurt cultures somewhere?

      Delete
    2. It is so easy! If you want to make dairy free I think you buy some kind of probiotic, but you can use a couple Tbsp of yogurt with cultures in it. I use plain oui or vanilla along with the members mark organic milk from Sams. I do 2 batches bevabec I like plain and Jacob likes sweetened condensed milk with vanilla. Recently I discovered that you can use flour sack towels to strain it. I was using cheesecloth, but wasn't impressed. I will never eat store bought again. You can also use the whey from straining for your next batch and other things too. I used it as a milk replacement in Mac and cheese one day! (Boxed stuff)

      Delete
    3. Well, duh! I didn't think of using store bought yogurt as the culture. haha That does sound easy!

      Delete
  2. I love the painting. I think it's beautiful, and perfect cupcakes are over-rated. This looks quite natural!

    I do love my veggies, Missy. What a great tip, thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ruthy! I was proud of my first real oil painting (the first was just painting a background for my One-Word). :)

      Delete
  3. I agree with Katie and Ruthy - the cupcake is perfect as it is. Very realistic!

    I don't have an air-fryer, but seeing ideas like this makes me wonder if I'd use one. Maybe I'll borrow one and see how I like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan, these mixes would be great roasted in the oven! It just takes a little less time in the air fryer. :)

      Delete
  4. Your cupcake looks delectable!

    I'm intrigued by this air fryer. I'll have to check into it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary Cate, I've enjoyed my air fryer. I don't use it as much as I thought I would, but I think it's enough to make it worth it.

      Delete