Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Valentine's Day Treats

Clearly I was not thinking ahead or I would have saved last week's candy post for the day before Valentine's Day.

And then I was thinking ahead and I actually made a delicious chicken soup this weekend, but Mindy shared one of those yesterday.

SO.....

I was looking over our old posts. Apparently we like chocolate - like A LOT!

It took two photos to get them all in!




So, I thought I'd share some chocolate-dipped fruit for Valentine's Day.

First, if you want REALLY beautiful chocolate dipped strawberries, check out Ruthie's post here:

Chocolate Dipped Strawberries

Or if you want something even more decadent, you could try her chocolate dipped peanut butter stiffed graham crackers.

But my favorite chocolate dipped fruit was a surprise to me when someone gifted me with an Edible Arrangements bouquet - chocolate dipped pineapple. Oh.My.Word.

So, here you go, a sweet treat for your sweets for V-Day.

I'll let the pictures tell the rest of the story. I'll just add in that it was ridiculously easy. I used my wok on top of a big Le Creuset ceramic pot. You can see how quickly it melted the chocolate.










I'll admit, the pineapple was my favorite - that amazing taste combination of tart and bittersweet. But the orange was surprisingly tasty too. A friend gave me raves on the apple.

I'm inpired to try it with some dried fruits too - apricots maybe.  I did try it with organic, unsweetened coconut. Happiness.


So what do you think? I thought it might be a lot of work, but it was incredibly easy and fast.

One tip: you'll probably have to keep the chocolate warm because the cold fruit made it start to thicken while I was dipping it. The taste didn't change, but the later pieces weren't as smooth.

5 comments:

  1. Here's what I think, Mary Cate. You can never go wrong with chocolate. Remember those cocoa or chocolate cover almonds you watched me devour at RWA? 'Nuf said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so tasty and easy!

    And I agree with Mindy: You can never go wrong with chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum!! My favorite is usually strawberries, but I do love the pineapple, too! But I love to dip just about anything. haha That's why I love to go to The Melting Pot so much! I love their chocolate and peanut butter mix!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love dipped pineapple.... Oh, you had me at hello!!!

    And I forgot about those stuffed graham crackers and how popular they were! I made them for Christmas presents and somehow backburnered them! I'm so glad you reminded me, Cate! Go you!!!

    But pineapple dipped in chocolate is a fave here, too. I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love fresh pineapple, but I am not sure I am sold on the chocolate part. Maybe dark chocolate?

    ReplyDelete