Friday, February 15, 2019

A Little Spring

Missy Tippens

I thought I'd share a quick (zero Weight Watcher point) snack and a little bit of spring with you today!

First, I think our poor trees and flowers are mixed up here in Georgia. We did have some really warm weather (it was 75 degrees last week!). But even before that, I noticed trees blooming. Here are a few photos of my neighborhood (my trees aren't blooming yet).




I know some of you are in areas with heavy snow, so I hope you enjoy this taste of spring! It'll come your way eventually. :)

And now, a quick snack...

1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can Mexicorn (slightly drained)
1 can green chile peppers with juice
1 can petite diced tomatoes with juice
Spices (I used Penzey's Buttermilk Dressing and Dip spice mix and Penzey's Salsa and Pico spice mix)

The recipe I used before calls for Hidden Valley Spicy Ranch Dressing, but I didn't have any. Thus, I used the Ranch flavorings and salsa spices! Scoop with tortilla chips (not zero points, but still not too bad if you can manage not to eat the whole bag). :) It's a great snack!


Also! I have a new novella that just released for Valentine's Day! I hope you'll check it out.

Her Valentine Reunion



What happens on the very day Abbie Rogers makes a preemptive strike against Valentine’s Day funk by declaring herself content to be single? Why, Victor Wallis, the man who broke her heart, comes crashing back into her life, of course. Not only that, he declares himself a changed man, and he truly seems to be. She even finds herself falling for him again. But when he makes a move to take over her family’s business, Abbie’s not certain she’ll ever be able to trust the only man she’s ever loved.

www.missytippens.com

10 comments:

  1. Missy, zero points is a wonderful thing, isn't it???? Thank you for this!

    And huge congratulations on the new book! I am happy dancing for you in Western New York where we won't see blossoms of any kind for a long, long time... But that's all right, I figure we're hearty Yankee stock... and boy do we appreciate spring when it finally drops by!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ruthy, yes, I'm sure you're hardier stock than I am! I freeze in 50 degree temps. :)

      Delete
  2. Missy, I've seen a few trees starting to bud and I saw this amazing tree in town the other day that was in full bloom. I forget what kind it was, though. The blooms were about the same pinkish color as yours, but they were big, magnolia-like blooms. It was beautiful. Oh, and I've even seen some wildflowers. Do these plants not know it's still February?!

    Congrats on the book. I still love that cover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mindy, I was so surprised to see these trees blooming! I think they may be crab apples. At first I thought they were redbuds (which usually come out first), but the blooms don't look the right color.

      I wonder if the one you're seeing is a Japanese magnolia. We had those in our yard at our last house. They would always bloom early (and usually got zapped by freezing weather later!).

      Delete
  3. Seeing your flowers is great today...as we're in the middle of another snowstorm! A taste of things to come. :-)

    This snack looks delicious, and so light and refreshing! And zero points makes it a win/win!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan, I guess you'll have a good bit more winter. And then when we're sweltering, you'll start seeing blooms. :) Our is a huge, amazing country!

      Delete
  4. I'm...just...gobsmacked! You're having spring?????? Whimper! I'm jealous but I'll try to savor your images and hope that spring actually makes it here someday. :-) Love this snack idea. Would make a great supper with a side salad. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kav, I've been a bit gobsmacked. This feels REALLY early for all these blooming trees! I think they're so confused they don't know which way is up or down.

      Delete
  5. I'm in SC. I've got daffodils and some type of pink tree blooming too (I can't remember what it is). I noticed the weeping willow is starting to bud too. It seems like it's been so long since we had a pretty spring because everything ends up getting killed by another round of cold weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, it's nice to be in the south, isn't it? I love our spring (if it lasts long enough!)

      Delete