Friday, January 25, 2019

Kale Chips in the Air Fryer

Missy Tippens

Years ago, I shared a recipe for kale chips. I love them. So when I bought my new air fryer a couple of months ago, I knew I wanted to try making them.

First, I washed and dried the kale.



Then I stripped of the stems. Part of the beauty of an air fryer is saving on oil use. So I simply spritzed the leaves with some Pam.



Then I placed them in the fryer and lightly salted.


I don't remember how long I cooked the kale, but it wasn't long enough. When I first tasted the chips, I found some really good ones. But as I sat down to eat dinner, I discovered there were some areas that didn't get done enough. They were soggy instead of crispy. Next time, I'll cook them longer and also pull out the drawer to shake them more often. I may also work in smaller batches. That way they'll cook more evenly.


Still, I got a decent serving that was crispy and tasty!


4 comments:

  1. Another reason to try an air-fryer!

    I love kale chips, especially fresh ones, but doing them in the oven usually results in burning half of them, while the other half aren't done.

    Maybe I can talk my daughter into trying these in her new air-fryer. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan, I think if you just make sure to open the door and shake to toss them around, then they'd cook more evenly. Plus, like I mentioned, don't overload! One layer is ideal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for the air fryer, Missy! I still need to do some roasted veggies in mine. But I'm on deadline right now, so I'm not doing much of anything away from my desk. Still not sure how I feel about kale chips, though. I'm not a kale hater, but I'm not a kale lover either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wishing you speedy work with your deadline! Then you can think about eating healthy. :)

      Delete